Ohio State Buckeyes | Michael Hill | DT | No. 77
Pendleton High School
Pendleton, South Carolina
|G||Passes Broken Up||QB Hurries||Fumbles Forced||Kicks/Punts Blocked|
2016 Season (Junior): Honorable mention All-Big Ten ... recorded 19 tackles and 3.0 TFL on the year ... career-high 1.5 TFL vs. No. 10 Nebraska ... helped limit BGSU to zero offensive touchdowns in the season opener ... notched a career-high three tackles in the win over Tulsa ... two stops in the win at Oklahoma and three vs. Rutgers and Maryland ... two tackles and 0.5 TFL in the win over Indiana ... 1.0 TFL vs. Northwestern.
2015 Season (Sophomore): Hill played in all 13 games for the 12-1 Buckeyes and made his first collegiate start in the Fiesta Bowl win over Notre Dame … he was third among defensive tackles in playing time with 297 minutes, trailing only those minutes of starters Tommy Schutt and Adolphus Washington … was in on a career-high 40 plays against Notre Dame and had two tackles … also in on two stops vs. Virginia Tech, Rutgers and Michigan. 2014 Season (Freshman): Hill played in eight games for the College Football Playoff national champions ... most extensive action came during a 15-play stint vs. Illinois ... recorded his first collegiate sack against Rutgers.
2014 Season (Freshman): Hill played in five games for the College Football Playoff national champions … most extensive action came during a 15-play stint vs. Illinois … recorded his first collegiate sack against Rutgers.
2013 Season (Red-Shirt): Hill played in three of Ohio State's first four games as a true freshman -- Buffalo, San Diego State and Florida A&M -- before being slowed by injuries ... he played 34 snaps on the defensive line vs. San Diego State, but he didn't play again during the season following a 13-play stint vs. Florida A&M ... he earned a red-shirt season.
More on Michael: A U.S. Army All-America Bowl invitee, Michael Hill announced in June 2012 that he was committing to Ohio State, the school that has been his favorite since he was a youngster … a consensus four-star prospect by (ESPN, 247Sports, Scout, Rivals) and one of the Top 20 defensive tackles in the nation by Scout (No. 16) … listed on the ESPN 300 (216) … named to the South Carolina Shrine Bowl this year and the No. 6 player in the state by 247Sports, Hill had an unfortunate end to his senior season, injuring a hand in the eighth game that caused him to miss the remainder of the season and all post-season all-star games … Pendleton finished 8-4 on the year … Hill was dominant as a junior while playing in the middle of Pendleton’s line for coach Paul Sutherland … he recorded 25 tackles-for-losses and 81 total tackles despite persistent double-teams against him … he also had six sacks as a junior and had four as a senior before his injury … he is the son of Dianne Blount and Michael Hill, Sr.
acie Sprinkle and Percy Hicks.
Rivals: 4-Star #10 DT
Scout: 4-Star #16 DT
247Sports: 4-Star #28 DT
ESPN: 4-Star #19 DT
Michael Hill Stories
- J.T. Barrett Showcases Accuracy Against UNLV September 24, 2017
- Haskins Draws Mixed Reviews In Buckeyes’ Big Win September 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery | UNLV at Ohio State | Sept. 23, 2017 September 23, 2017
- Two-Minute Drill: Postgame Updates from OSU’s 54-21 Win Over UNLV September 23, 2017
- J.T. Barrett and Buckeyes Make Short Work of Rebels 54-21 September 23, 2017
- The-Ozone Gameday Live: UNLV at Ohio State September 23, 2017
- Reading the Buckeye Leaves: UNLV Week September 22, 2017
- Top 50 Shooting Guard Luther Muhammad Commits to Ohio State September 22, 2017
- #B1GThingsToKnow: UNLV September 22, 2017
- The Tip Sheet: An Advanced Simulation Gone Wrong September 22, 2017
- Five for Friday: What to Watch For — UNLV at Ohio State September 22, 2017
- The-Ozone Staff Picks: UNLV at Ohio State September 22, 2017
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)