|Player: Marc Loving
|School: St. John Jesuit (Toledo, OH)
Ht: 6-7 Wt: 215
Rivals: 4-Star #17 SF
Scout: 4-Star #16 PF
247Sports: 4-Star #15 SF
ESPN: 4-Star #14 PF
Career at Ohio State
AS A FRESHMAN (2013-14)
- Played in all 35 games ... averaging 10.9 minutes per game and scoring 4.4 points per game
- Shot 77 percent from the free throw line
- Scored 8 points vs. the Illini (Feb. 15) off the bench ... scored eight-consecutive points for the Buckeyes in a span of four minutes in second half beginning at 9:58 mark
- Scored in double figures for fourth time this season with 10 points in career-best 23 minutes at Michigan State (Jan. 7)
- Posted career-high 13 points vs. Nebraska (Jan. 4) ... connected on career-best 7-of-8 free throws
- Tied career best with five rebounds vs. Cornhuskers (Jan. 4)
- Scored all 8 of Ohio State's bench points at Purdue (Dec. 31)
- Scored career-high 12 points vs. North Dakota State (Dec. 14) on career-best 3-of-7 shooting from the field ... 2-of-4 mark behind the arc also serves as career best
- Added 8 points from the bench in win over ULM (Dec. 27)
- 5-for-6 from the free throw line and totaled nine points off the bench in win over American (Nov. 20)
- Hit critical 3-pointer to tie the score (19-19) at the end of the first half at Marquette (Nov. 16)
- Played a then-career high 22 minutes at Marquette (Nov. 16)
- Scored in double figures in his first career game for the Buckeyes, totaling 10 points against Morgan State (Nov. 9)
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Four-star prospect according to MaxPreps, ESPN, Rivals, 247Sports and Scout.
- No. 1-ranked prospect in the state of Ohio for 2013 as ranked by MaxPreps, Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN.
- 2013 Parade All-American
- 2013 and 2012 Associated Press Division I player of the year for the state of Ohio.
- 2013 and 2012 Associated Press Division I district player of the year and Three Rivers Athletic Conference player of the year.
- 2011 Associated Press Division I Second Team All-State selection.
- Helped St. John Jesuit to a 72-19 record in four seasons, including a 19-2 mark in 2010-11. Team reached regional finals during the 2009-10 season before falling to eventual state champion Massillon Jackson.
- Averaged 21.3 points and 8.2 rebounds as a senior while shooting 60 percent from the field.
- All-time scoring leader and all-time rebounding leader at St. John Jesuit.
- Scored a school-record 42 points in a 78-60 victory over Lima Senior in February 2013.
- One of eight juniors selected to play in the 2012 All-American Championship during Final Four weekend in New Orleans.
- Son of Marc and Angela Loving
- Would like to pursue a career as a professional basketball player or business owner following graduation.
- Enjoys playing video games, watching football and shopping for shoes away from the court.
Ohio State Statistics
2013-14: Averaged 4.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, had 7 assists and 7 blocks while appearing in all 35 games