Forum

Any basketball recruit news?  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Clayton Buck
June 18, 2017 9:02 pm  

Just curious if anyone knows any news on who the new staff is after, and what are our chances with some of removed link removed link

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Reputable Member Admin
June 18, 2017 9:15 pm  

They offered Jerry Francis' kid a couple of days ago. He's a top 2019 Ohio kid and a must get. Offers have also gone out to some 2018 guys. I should probably do a recap of their first two weeks "in office". Good idea. Thanks.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Clayton Buck
June 19, 2017 12:13 am  

I am curious who they can land in the 2018 class. I would like to see them get Jerome Hunter and Pete Nance to go along with Goodwin.  I am wondering if they would take both even if they are both listed as power forwards. Do you think Hunter has the skills to be a small forward?

I know another PG in this class would be ideal. Any news on that search would be great. Thanks

Thanks removed link

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
Osushawn
June 19, 2017 7:01 am  

If holtmann is going to run a guard oriented offense, he is going to need another point at removed link  

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
June 19, 2017 7:14 am  

Based on his reputation, I'm sure he is working feverishly behind the removed link Timing is not on his side right now

ReplyQuote

Mark
 Mark
June 19, 2017 7:17 am  

Hopefully we will be getting some good news very soon

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
June 19, 2017 7:22 am  

Fwiw, when I use Internet Explorer on the new forums I keep getting an error message, and locked up. I switched to Chrome, and can post

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
June 19, 2017 7:24 am  

He has to get another guard before fall

ReplyQuote
WolfsBane
June 19, 2017 8:27 am  

There is one coming in this class, but yes,  we could use another true point guard 

Edited: 7 days  ago

Welcome to the house of rock!
Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
KS Buck
June 19, 2017 9:04 am  

Just looked at the basketball removed link Jent, Funderburk, Jaskson; seems like I've seen this team removed link

ReplyQuote

wigmon
June 19, 2017 9:34 am  
Posted by: wigmon
Posted by: Clayton Buck

I am curious who they can land in the 2018 removed link  I would like to see them get Jerome Hunter and Pete Nance to go along with removed link   I am wondering if they would take both even if they are both listed as power removed link  Do you think Hunter has the skills to be a small forward?

I know another PG in this class would be removed link  Any news on that search would be removed link Thanks

Thanks removed link

I don't think Nance is in the removed link   Has 2 visits set to NW and UM and I don't believe Holtmann has removed link   I think I'd prefer Hunter and if Young does end up coming here and DF sticks I think that would be fine for the SF/PF positions through '18 (you'd presumably have KBD, Wesson, DF, Young and Hunter). 

We need guards bad and as soon as removed link   Haven't heard a thing on getting one to come in this removed link   I do like that the coaches are saying that they don't want to take a player just to fill a removed link   If we don't have a late addition this year, then I think we should pick up 2 more next year and they've got a bunch of offers removed link  

Been struck by the number of offers that Holtmann has put out there. What was Matta's staff doing waiting?

Edited: 7 days  ago

ReplyQuote
WolfsBane
June 19, 2017 10:51 am  

IMO, we are good at forwards and shooting guards, (and can even field a hybrid 2-3 position if we want to), but we need ball handlers that can push the ball and play tenacious defense    I'm also hoping the outside shooting and free throws improves    If you are going to play aggressive offense, you are going to be going to the line often, and you MUST be able to convert free throws

Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
BuckinMich
June 19, 2017 1:02 pm  

Hope they don't go after the ex-commit that opened his recruiting back up!

ReplyQuote
Bucksetal
June 19, 2017 1:56 pm  
Posted by: Mark

Fwiw, when I use Internet Explorer on the new forums I keep getting an error message, and locked up. I switched to Chrome, and can post

Even Microsoft doesn't support Internet Explorer anymore. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Kel Varnsen
June 19, 2017 3:26 pm  

OSU has offered Liberty County HS (GA) point guard Will Richardson. He had a Butler offer as well. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Will-Richardson-89966

Edited: 6 days  ago

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.

ReplyQuote

KnivesChau
June 19, 2017 6:02 pm  

Kyle Young!  Boom!

ReplyQuote
WolfsBane
June 19, 2017 6:34 pm  

Welcome home Kyle Young!  And I have to say that it is refreshing to see a program do their business with dignity and class.  Well done Butler.

Go Bucks!

Mark liked
ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Reputable Member Admin
June 19, 2017 6:45 pm  

Here's the release from OSU...

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Kyle Young, a 6-8, 205-pound forward from Massillon, Ohio, signed a financial aid agreement to join Ohio State for the 2017-18 season, head coach Chris Holtmann announced Monday. Young joins Braxton Beverly and Kaleb Wesson as newcomers for the 2017-18 campaign.

“We are very excited to add Kyle to the 2017 class,” Holtmann said. “His versatility, motor and work ethic make him a great addition to our program. We really look forward to getting him to campus to join his teammates.”

A Top 100 recruit nationally, Young was three-time All-Ohio selection, helping Massillon Jackson High School to the Division I state championship and a 28-2 record in his final season. As a senior, Young averaged a team-high 18 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting 59 percent from the field. In his junior campaign, Young scored 21 points per contest while grabbing eight rebounds per game. He finished his high school career with 1,582 points.

Young is the third newcomer to the Buckeye roster for the 2017-18 season, joining Beverly, a 6-0 guard from Hazard, Ky., and Wesson, a 6-9 forward from Westerville, Ohio.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
KernersvilleBuckeye
June 19, 2017 7:13 pm  

So with these three committed...who are the most likely to still commit for this year? I'm not talking 'pie in the sky' guys but the most realistic. Could it just be these three and done?  I love seeing the energy from this new staff!

ReplyQuote
Shannon Sommers
June 19, 2017 7:38 pm  

Currently Ohio State with adding Young will have 11 scholarships (12 if you want to count 2018 Dane Goodwin).

Junior Joey Lane is a former walk-on that's on scholarship currently so that could change. 

from the 2018 class since Chris Holtmann has been hired he has offered to the following in the 2018 class:

SG Will Richardson

PF Marcus Bingham Jr

PG Tre Jones

SG Eric Hunter

PG Ayo Dosunmu

SG Luther Muhammad

PF Darius Days

SG Terrance Watson

PG Devon Dotson

SG Dwayne Cohill

SF Jerome Hunter

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Clayton Buck liked
ReplyQuote

Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register