Forum

Are we doing no religion/politics?  

RSS

BuckeyeDale
Eminent Member
July 14, 2017 2:54 pm  

Was that a rule or a please don't?  Does HairBrain's anti-Trump post stand, or does a mod delete it?

Or does it staying mean open season again?

We're all Buckeyes here. With that in mind, we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Active here since early '97, closing in on 6,000 posts, according to that counter.

ReplyQuote
OSUGrad66
July 19, 2017 4:56 pm  

Personally, I hope we all stay away from politics and religion. Seems like these topics only bring out the worse in people, rather than be an avenue to help each side see what each view has to offer. Too much "my way or the highway" type of thinking. Just my opinion. Go Buckeye Nation. 

CA Buckeye liked
ReplyQuote
BuckeyeDale
Eminent Member
July 19, 2017 8:48 pm  
Posted by: OSUGrad66

Personally, I hope we all stay away from politics and religion. Seems like these topics only bring out the worse in people, rather than be an avenue to help each side see what each view has to offer. Too much "my way or the highway" type of thinking. Just my opinion. Go Buckeye Nation. 

Not just your opinion, but again, if it's THE official policy, and it's allowed to stand, uncontested, that door creeps open...

We're all Buckeyes here. With that in mind, we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Active here since early '97, closing in on 6,000 posts, according to that counter.

ReplyQuote
John Porentas
Active Member Admin
July 19, 2017 9:55 pm  
Posted by: BuckeyeDale

Was that a rule or a please don't?  Does HairBrain's anti-Trump post stand, or does a mod delete it?

That is a rule and that post has been deleted by a moderator.  OK, it was deleted by me disguised as a moderator.

ReplyQuote
BuckeyeDale
Eminent Member
July 20, 2017 5:38 am  

Thank you, sir...

ReplyQuote

Northeast Ohio Buckeye
Eminent Member
July 20, 2017 7:40 pm  

I have been wondering the same since the forum changes.  I follow religion & politics quite a bit & always followed the Legacy off-topic forum. I've never posted a lot, (some obviously) more of a reader I suppose. Just waiting to see if the Legacy format changes or if it's done changing for a while. I sometimes get tempted to post like I used to 'cause old habits die hard. I'm adjusting each day & mess up less over time.

Edited: 3 days  ago

ReplyQuote
Northeast Ohio Buckeye
Eminent Member
July 24, 2017 5:46 pm  
Posted by: BuckeyeDale

I'm taking it as an order or a rule to knock it off completely. I don't know how it'll be on the Legacy Off-Topic Forum now that it's staying put. I'm gonna refrain from political/religious posts anywhere on this website. I feel I nearly messed up big time a while back regarding some of my posts (I should have known better) I'm not going back down that rabbit hole, Ever!!

Edited: 2 days  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register