Forum

Cavs need to blow it all up...  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
July 21, 2017 5:43 pm  

Kyrie wants out, so trade him. Get what you can for LeBron. Dump his buddies. You're not going to beat Golden State, but you can begin the process to become a championship team again once Golden State is done ruling.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
SaltLakeCity Buck
Trusted Member
July 21, 2017 7:00 pm  

LBJ is going to leave, so you may as well get started on a rebuild.  Even trading him as a one-year rental, Lebron would have some decent value, I would assume?

Old-timer ~ 32,000 posts.

We have an up-tempo defense. And they run, and they hit, and they prepare. -- Jim Tressel

ReplyQuote
Northeast Ohio Buckeye
Eminent Member
July 22, 2017 11:09 am  

It's a fine mess the Cavs have made in approx. one month's time. Gilbert built it (with help) & Gilbert will blow it up (with help) I suppose. Miracle of miracles was the Cavs winning the 2016 NBA Title. Glad they did 'cause I don't see one now for, well....................... I don't see one.               

ReplyQuote
Iron Mike
July 22, 2017 5:12 pm  

I thought Kyrie was joking with his Flat World statements, but now I'm beginning to believe that he really is insane.

I think it will depend on what/whom the Cavs can get for Irving if they decide to trade him.  If they can sign Derrick Rose and get 2-3 good players then they should go ahead with Lebron for one more year.  If they don't do well in trading Irving then I think that moving Lebron might not be a bad idea.  I think that it's a given the Knicks would trade Porzingas plus expiring contracts for him.  If they didn't their fan base would savage Dolan even worse than over the Phil Jackson fiasco.

ReplyQuote
frogger
July 23, 2017 11:04 pm  

As frustrating as it is that Kyrie asked to be traded or the rumors that Lebron could leave, let's be realistic here.  If the Cavs "blow things up", they will likely compete for a title again three decades from now if they are lucky.  Let's take a deep breath.  Kyrie has two years on his contract.  He isn't going anywhere  any time soon unless someone offers someone great.  And he has to play hard and be a good teammate in those two years if he wants a good follow up contract.  And thrn he will likely realize he can't get as much money elsewhere.   He may think the world is flat, but he isn't dumb.   And that two years is plenty of time for Lebron to talk some sense into him and the Cavs to fire a GM or do whatever necessary to try to make Kyrie happy and maybe win a championship.  The Cavs time to win is the next two years anyway, as Lebron is going to start aging.  If someone offers them a player as good as Kyrie, great, but it would be foolish to  blow up anything.  If they can't keep Lebron and Kyrie in Cleveland, they aren't keeping another superstar they bring in.  

Edited: 2 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register