Forum

McGregor vs. Mayweather  

RSS

Potsys Pimps
Estimable Member
August 10, 2017 4:11 pm  

Is everyone going to watch this fight?  I am very intrigued to see how this plays out.  Everyone knows that McGregor would kill Mayweather in an MMA fight but it seems a decent amount of people in the know are at least giving McGregor a chance vs. Mayweather.  I'm not enough of an expert to know either way but I really hope it is an interesting fight and goes more than a few rounds.  It would be really crazy if Mayweather gets knocked out.

"Find the best player on the field and outwork him"

tGW liked
ReplyQuote
tGW
 tGW
August 13, 2017 12:08 pm  

I will be watching with friends. We'll have enough folks to chip-in so that my buddy will not have to worry his cable bill. I think CM is a long shot, but he has a punchers chance. He is much bigger physically than PBF. If I were a betting man, I would take Mayweather. I have watched alot of fights and at one time had about 3000 on VHS, but I hate making predictions. I just don't see Floyd missing with jabs as CM does not move his head at all. I see this one as similar to Floyd vs the late Arturo Gatti. It all depends on Floyd. He's 40. Could be a bit slower. IDK. It's worth watching...with friends. If it were just me and the Mrs., I would by it for $100. I would save my money for Alvarez/GGG in September. Sorry for the rant. Huge fight, boxing and MMA, fan. Oh, and Go Bucks. 

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
August 14, 2017 7:44 am  

I'll either be looking for a stream or in bed. No telling what time this fight will start.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Northeast Ohio Buckeye
Eminent Member
August 14, 2017 1:18 pm  
Posted by: Potsys Pimps

Is everyone going to watch this fight?  I am very intrigued to see how this plays out.  Everyone knows that McGregor would kill Mayweather in an MMA fight but it seems a decent amount of people in the know are at least giving McGregor a chance vs. Mayweather.  I'm not enough of an expert to know either way but I really hope it is an interesting fight and goes more than a few rounds.  It would be really crazy if Mayweather gets knocked out.

I'm not sure I'll watch. I think McGregor makes it closer than most think (hopeful)anyway.  I favor Floyd (slightly)but it'll be close, I won't be surprised if Conor somehow comes up with a win though. 

ReplyQuote
SaltLakeCity Buck
Trusted Member
August 19, 2017 8:14 pm  

McGregor is going to hit Mayweather approximately zero times.  A buddy just invited me over to watch it...he lives 1.5 miles from my house but I'm leaning towards the couple extra hours of sleep.

Old-timer ~ 32,000 posts.

We have an up-tempo defense. And they run, and they hit, and they prepare. -- Jim Tressel

ReplyQuote

Jim Davidson
August 20, 2017 11:47 am  

I'm thinking he might get frustrated and kick him. McGregor could win, if this were an MMA match. Boxing only? Nope.

- You can get anywhere in 10 minutes if you go fast enough.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register