Forum

Pittsburgh sucks  

RSS

HilliardJoe
June 18, 2017 7:26 am  

Carry removed link

Just wanted the first post in the Other Sports area to be something most people can agree removed link

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

ReplyQuote
tGW
 tGW
June 18, 2017 10:12 am  

Agreed, outside Shazier and Cam, of removed link

Edited: 3 months  ago

ReplyQuote
SaltLakeCity Buck
Trusted Member
June 18, 2017 1:31 pm  

Hilliard Joe!  Don't ever change.  🙂

Old-timer ~ 32,000 posts.

We have an up-tempo defense. And they run, and they hit, and they prepare. -- Jim Tressel

ReplyQuote
CarolinaBuckeye
June 18, 2017 4:42 pm  

I really enjoyed seeing this as the only topic in this section! 😂

I shouldn't care this much!

ReplyQuote
PABuckeye
June 18, 2017 11:47 pm  

This "removed link" bug (glitch) needs to get fixed!

ReplyQuote

Nashville
June 19, 2017 7:18 am  

Come on, the fries are on the sandwich ! Is that not revolutionary? 

ReplyQuote
HilliardJoe
June 19, 2017 7:46 am  
Posted by: SaltLakeCity Buck

Hilliard Joe!  Don't ever change.  🙂

Granted I think most here hate that city due to the Steelers but I hate it due to the Penguins and Crosby's 7th grade mustache.

Removed link test, there should be a period at the end of this sentence.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

ReplyQuote
WolfsBane
Trusted Member
June 19, 2017 3:04 pm  

Yup... I know many here don't like them.  But you can't argue against their success.  They were able to change their business model as the NFL changed and still retain some competitive relevance.  Something the Browns have not been able to do.  And they do consistently bring Buckeyes into their team. 

I'm getting to like New Orleans and Indianapolis more as well.

The Ozone Original Site Plank Owner
Welcome to the house of rock!
Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
Bosa Shrug
Eminent Member
June 20, 2017 12:49 pm  

Yup. I work with a ton of Pittsburghians and they are obnoxious sports fans whether it be Steelers, Pens, Even penn state. Just really annoying overall. 

ReplyQuote
Writer
June 27, 2017 3:12 pm  
Posted by: WolfsBane

Yup... I know many here don't like them.  But you can't argue against their success.  They were able to change their business model as the NFL changed and still retain some competitive relevance.  Something the Browns have not been able to do.  And they do consistently bring Buckeyes into their team. 

I'm getting to like New Orleans and Indianapolis more as well

Seriously? Tell me, when did the Steelers have their football team moved and have to start from scratch? And the only "business model" change the Steelers of the 1970s adopted was to be among the first NFL teams to totally abuse steroids -- and set the "gold" standard for continuing to abuse them.

I'd wager better than 50 percent of so-called Steeler fans don't even know half the names of their starting offense or defense; most are fans because the team has done well over the last couple decades, and it's always fun to be a bandwagon fan...you can always jump off when times get rough again.

And rough times are coming again for that franchise. Unless the NFL finds a way to step in and save them. They are, after all, one of the league's favored children, just like the Pats.

ReplyQuote

WolfsBane
Trusted Member
June 27, 2017 5:59 pm  
Posted by: Writer
Posted by: WolfsBane

I'm getting to like New Orleans and Indianapolis more as well

Seriously? Tell me, when did the Steelers have their football team moved and have to start from scratch? And the only "business model" change the Steelers of the 1970s adopted was to be among the first NFL teams to totally abuse steroids -- and set the "gold" standard for continuing to abuse them.

I'd wager better than 50 percent of so-called Steeler fans don't even know half the names of their starting offense or defense; most are fans because the team has done well over the last couple decades, and it's always fun to be a bandwagon fan...you can always jump off when times get rough again.

And rough times are coming again for that franchise. Unless the NFL finds a way to step in and save them. They are, after all, one of the league's favored children, just like the Pats.

I'm pretty sure you can find substance abuse in pretty much ANY of the NFL franchise, though it is not as easy as it used to be since the league imposed the updated testing procedures.  Substance abuse is not something unique to Steeler players, unfortunately. 

As for their fans... I have no idea what Steeler fans know or don't know.  I would venture to say that most of them are fair weather fans, but that again, is not unique to the Steelers.   Measuring success of a franchise is done on the field, and whether you like them or not, (as is the case with Dallas, San Francisco, New England, or Green Bay), the Steelers have a relatively recent history of winning on the field.  They have the hardware to show for it.

As far as Cleveland is concerned, it is what it is.  The previous management decided to pick up and leave for Baltimore.  Nothing fans or the city could do about that.  The good news is that someone decided to bring in a franchise back to Cleveland.  But it has not been a smooth transition and the present ownership and previous management staff made plenty of boneheaded decisions to keep the  franchise from playing at a respectable level, and the Steeler's ownership and staff don't seem to make those same questionable mistakes, for the most part.

The Ozone Original Site Plank Owner
Welcome to the house of rock!
Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
Ivo Shandor
June 27, 2017 7:43 pm  

Yes, yes they do.

ReplyQuote
Sloopdog
August 1, 2017 9:59 am  

Every one of their pro teams are full of dirty playing punks.

ReplyQuote
BuckeyeDale
Eminent Member
August 2, 2017 11:21 am  

Some people can not be reasoned with...

(I'll let y'all guess whether I'm referring to residents / fans of Cleveland or Pittsburgh)

We're all Buckeyes here. With that in mind, we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Active here since early '97, closing in on 6,000 posts, according to that counter.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register