Forum

The Browns...  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
August 2, 2017 10:01 am  

...didn't want this guy.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Potsys Pimps
Estimable Member
August 2, 2017 10:52 am  

He's the best receiver they have had in a long time that isn't stoned and they didn't keep him.  Just the Browns being the Browns.

"Find the best player on the field and outwork him"

ReplyQuote
Drako
Eminent Member
August 3, 2017 3:58 pm  

If only the Browns had a real GM.  🙁

Because I couldn't go for three.

ReplyQuote
TellMe
August 27, 2017 9:30 am  

It looks like they have found a pretty good QB.

ReplyQuote
Potsys Pimps
Estimable Member
August 29, 2017 12:42 pm  

It seems people are jumping the gun a little bit here.  Kizer had 1 solid outing, 1 average and 1 horrible outing  and now he's the best QB they've had since Bernie.  I have always loved Cleveland fans optimistic views.

ReplyQuote

TellMe
August 29, 2017 5:13 pm  

I said "pretty good", but from what I've seen, he IS the best since Bernie. I agree that's optimistic, but it's the best that's been offered in a long long time.

Potsys Pimps liked
ReplyQuote
Potsys Pimps
Estimable Member
August 30, 2017 9:20 am  
Posted by: TellMe

I said "pretty good", but from what I've seen, he IS the best since Bernie. I agree that's optimistic, but it's the best that's been offered in a long long time.

Hopefully he does turn out to be good, sports are better when Cleveland teams do well.  I"m not a Cleveland fan but many of my friends are so it's much more enjoyable when their teams are doing well.

ReplyQuote
Writer
September 3, 2017 5:00 am  

Come on folks, let's not let a few facts get in the way of posting.

The Browns front office offered Pryor a better contract with more years and worth more money than the one he ended up accepting from Washington (by most accounts, $8.5 million per year for four years). After shunning the Browns offer, because he felt he was worth more (or his agent did), he quickly found NO OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE interested in him, aside from Washington, at anything close to the money he was seeking. And the Redskins would only commit to him for one season, at $6 million, with another $2 million he can earn IF he meets certain milestones in yards, catches and touchdowns.

If the Browns front office had not wanted him, they would not have offered him a multi-year contract as they did, and one that was (by all accounts) very fair, considering he only had one good year as a receiver in the NFL. No other team in the NFL came close to offering what the Browns were willing to give him.

Ironically, the old Browns -- the franchise that would make stupid moves just to make them -- would have overpaid for Pryor, instead of letting him walk away and see how many other teams in the league were really interested in him.

Good NFL franchises don't let players like Pryor play THEM. They walk away from negotiations that become unreasonable, and that's exactly what happened here.

I guess we'll see how he does this year and after. He took a big gamble by turning down the multi-year contract and basically doing a one-year with Washington, hoping he has a big enough year that the big payday he believes he's worth, will actually happen.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register