Forum

Great site upgrade ... of course a couple of suggestions  

RSS

BuckFan
June 19, 2017 3:15 pm  

I think the site looks great.

But of course being the armchair QB that I am here are some suggestions:

Can there be a way to roll up forums that I have no interest in.  Some programs, like outlook, have arrows or +/- beside the topic title which rolls up the items underneath.  This would save screen space by not displaying forum topics that I have no interest (like OTF).

If you have ever used Yammer (Microsoft 360 program) it makes it easy to see how many new posts are in each forum.  So I would see that there are 5 new posts in "on topic" and when I'm done viewing them they would count down to showing none.  In the old format I really didn't need this becasue I only looked at the main forum and read down to what I had seen last but with multple forums it makes it easy to see there are new things to read.   This may be less important since I see the top new topics.  Since the form is new, every post is new.  I may find that this works great as is as we get more "old" topics and posts to see how the forum SW works.

But I like the look and I think it will work great and I'm one who usually hates change.

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
June 19, 2017 4:35 pm  

Interesting suggestions. We'll look into functional possibilities once things settled. There will definitely be some getting acclimated, but we'll all get there.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Northeast Ohio Buckeye
Eminent Member
June 19, 2017 4:42 pm  

Thanks for the fix Tony, I'm checking to see if it works proper when I post. Take Care!!

ReplyQuote
jb2sprint
June 23, 2017 11:14 am  

My only thought (suggestion) on the new forum would be to perhaps consider removing the signature area in posts. It just makes it harder to scan a thread and more clutter to scroll through when you have everyone's signatures plastered under every post.  Not to mention if a guy posts 10 times in a thread, we get his same signature 10 times too. And they have nothing to do with the thread in the first place.

I know it's not bad now but as more people start using these new forums, I'm betting it'll get more cluttered. At least it has on every other forum like this I frequent.

At the end of the day, not a huge deal. Just my opinion on a possible tweak to consider. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
John Porentas
Eminent Member Admin
June 24, 2017 8:33 am  
Posted by: jb2sprint

My only thought (suggestion) on the new forum would be to perhaps consider removing the signature area in posts. It just makes it harder to scan a thread and more clutter to scroll through when you have everyone's signatures plastered under every post.  Not to mention if a guy posts 10 times in a thread, we get his same signature 10 times too. And they have nothing to do with the thread in the first place.

I know it's not bad now but as more people start using these new forums, I'm betting it'll get more cluttered. At least it has on every other forum like this I frequent.

At the end of the day, not a huge deal. Just my opinion on a possible tweak to consider. Thanks!

Thanks for the appreciated feedback.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register