Forum

Problem Report  

RSS

Austin Fox
June 25, 2017 11:42 am  

When attempting to update my profile, I was first presented with someone else's profile page. I backed out and reentered successfully, but someone needs to check database access.

Legacy Purple: Ancient old fart

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
June 25, 2017 1:01 pm  

That is an odd one. Thanks.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
FairfaxBuckeye
June 26, 2017 8:47 am  

I have seen this several times, as well.

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
June 26, 2017 5:26 pm  

Are you guys able to alter their profiles? If so, this sounds better than ghosting.

ReplyQuote
FairfaxBuckeye
June 27, 2017 7:48 am  

I just tried and I was able to get to the page to update another user's profile.  I did not attempt to save, but I was able to see that page and make edits.

ReplyQuote

Austin Fox
June 29, 2017 8:08 am  

After 36 years in IT, The thought of testing on live data just gives me heartburn. I backed out and did not attempt to change anything. 

I can only say that a different member's profile pops up initially. Never the same one. Once I back out and re-enter, get my own profile.

Update: I just attempted My Profile again and was returned with a profile of Northeast Ohio. The only tabs available were Profile, Activity, and Subscriptions. No Account or Messages. It appeared on the surface that updating was not active in this view.

I reentered My Profile again and my own came up properly.

Edited: 3 months  ago

Legacy Purple: Ancient old fart

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
June 29, 2017 9:41 pm  
Posted by: Austin Fox

After 36 years in IT, The thought of testing on live data just gives me heartburn. I backed out and did not attempt to change anything. 

I can only say that a different member's profile pops up initially. Never the same one. Once I back out and re-enter, get my own profile.

Update: I just attempted My Profile again and was returned with a profile of Northeast Ohio. The only tabs available were Profile, Activity, and Subscriptions. No Account or Messages. It appeared on the surface that updating was not active in this view.

I reentered My Profile again and my own came up properly.

Thanks. This is unacceptable. It's going to be addressed.

Austin Fox liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register