Forum

Suggestion  

RSS

Ajax
 Ajax
July 13, 2017 3:01 pm  

If you are trying to migrate traffic to the new forums, why don't you change the links on the legacy forums to point here? Seems like it would accomplish your goal much faster. Or I could be completely wrong...

BucksReport.com

ReplyQuote
Ajax
 Ajax
July 24, 2017 9:44 pm  

How about adding a register button for the login module? If there's a register link somewhere I'm not seeing it.

Do you have a bot check (captcha) setup for registration? You are vulnerable to spam accounts if not.

BucksReport.com

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
July 26, 2017 11:55 am  
Posted by: Ajax

If you are trying to migrate traffic to the new forums, why don't you change the links on the legacy forums to point here? Seems like it would accomplish your goal much faster. Or I could be completely wrong...

Which links? Zanz has control of the those boards and he's the only person who can change them.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
July 26, 2017 11:59 am  

How about adding a register button for the login module? If there's a register link somewhere I'm not seeing it.

Do you have a bot check (captcha) setup for registration? You are vulnerable to spam accounts if not.

There was a register button with the login stuff on the Front Page, but it was set up improperly and wasn't actually registering people. I removed it when we launched because it was causing an issue at a very bad time, so the only place to actually register is at the new forums, which is the only place a person NEEDS to register. Having a register button anywhere else isn't technically necessary, but that doesn't mean it also hasn't created issues. The problem for me, however, is that when I set the login pages up, they worked for me. Then I moved on to learning the next thing that needed to be done. To go back and figure out what needs to be done to get the redirect to the proper registration page is a very daunting thing for me right now. 

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
July 26, 2017 12:01 pm  

As far as Captcha goes, it's been so long since that was set up. I think it's there, but am no longer sure. I just noticed a bot creating a thread and responding to it, so I'm going to have to address it. Bot comments are made quite a bit on articles, but I can remove them. I'm also in the process of increasing spam controls, so hopefully it will work itself out.

ReplyQuote

Ajax
 Ajax
July 26, 2017 9:26 pm  
Posted by: Tony Gerdeman

Which links? Zanz has control of the those boards and he's the only person who can change them.

This no longer matters if you're keeping the legacy forums online.

BucksReport.com

ReplyQuote
Ajax
 Ajax
July 26, 2017 9:32 pm  

As far as Captcha goes, it's been so long since that was set up. I think it's there, but am no longer sure. I just noticed a bot creating a thread and responding to it, so I'm going to have to address it. Bot comments are made quite a bit on articles, but I can remove them. I'm also in the process of increasing spam controls, so hopefully it will work itself out.

Thanks for the response Tony. Sounds like the login module isn't linking to the correct registration page. I would recommend a simple captcha that you doesn't require a key. That would be enough to keep the bots out. If you have questions or need assistance just ask.

BucksReport.com

ReplyQuote
BuckiBob
August 6, 2017 9:21 am  

With all the debate over which forum is better - why not provide the ability to let members on the new forum to set the view they prefer - such as a Thread view option. For me that's the main difference that keeps me on the Legacy Forum because it allows more spontaneous interactions with other OSU fans.

ReplyQuote
BuckiBob
August 6, 2017 9:23 am  
Posted by: BuckiBob

With all the debate over which forum is better - why not provide the ability to let members on the new forum to set the view they prefer - such as a Thread view option. For me that's the main difference that keeps me on the Legacy Forum because it allows more spontaneous interactions with other OSU fans.

Or the option to see the most recent post first in each thread.

Edited: 2 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
August 6, 2017 2:07 pm  

I'm not sure that's an option. I'll look into it.

ReplyQuote

Tony Gerdeman
Prominent Member Admin
August 6, 2017 2:09 pm  

You can click on "Last Post" in the Topics list for each topic to see the most recent post.

ReplyQuote
BuckiBob
August 6, 2017 4:20 pm  

You can click on "Last Post" in the Topics list for each topic to see the most recent post.

Thanks Tony - just saw that.

ReplyQuote
BuckiBob
August 6, 2017 4:21 pm  

I'm not sure that's an option. I'll look into it.

Thanks Tony!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register