Two-Minute Drill: Bye Week Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It might be a bye week for the Buckeyes, but they know they have a big contest coming up with undefeated Wisconsin next week.
Ohio State Head Coach Luke Fickell and a few of his players met with the media after practice Tuesday to talk about how they are handling the week off, as well as preparations for the Badgers.
- Braxton Miller was out there running around at practice Tues. and Fickell said he looked good.
- Fickell said that Braxton throws a good football, it comes down to patience and being more relaxed. Joked about stretching his hand.
- Fickell said they are not worried about Braxton's throwing, they know he is going to get better.
- Fickell said soph. Kenny Guiton took more snaps as the No. 2 QB in practice last week than senior Joe Bauserman.
- FB Zach Boren said the main advantage to having a bye week before a big game is getting healthy/rested.
- Fickell said he understands why RB Carlos Hyde would be a little frustrated and he'd rather a guy care that much than not care at all.
- Fickell said they still have a lot of confidence in Carlos Hyde and he has a lot of good football ahead of him.
- Fickell said they talk to their players about being smart on Twitter and said that "nothing goes unseen."
- Mike Adams said he knew he wouldn't be rusty coming back because he had to face John Simon every day in practice. Never took it easy.
- Adams said he knew Boom Herron was going to have a big game against Illinois because he could feel it. Said he can also feel when Herron is making something happen behind him.
- Adams said he loves it when teams know they are going to run the ball but can’t stop it.
- Fickell said CB Travis Howard ran around at practice today after twisting his ankle against Illinois.
- Fickell said CB Bradley Roby is the kind of player who wants to score every time he gets a hand on the football.
- Fickell said that redshirt freshman Rod Smith is still doing scout team RB, but he is also getting a chance to learn the defense.
- Fickell said Tyler Moeller is playing a lot of different roles...call it Sam or Star...very similar in responsibilities.
- Fickell said Storm Klein is getting better in the passing game. He understands football, learning angles. Big step this week.
- Fickell said Johnathan Hankins is averaging upwards of 60 plays per game this season after going 15-20 snaps as a freshman last year.
- Hankins admitted the Buckeyes have a little bit of payback on their minds with Wisconsin coming up.
- Hankins said that John Simon is the ideal teammate. Just cares about winning and getting better. Said "he's not a normal guy.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.