Two-Minute Drill: Fickell Tabs Braxton
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — An already eventful week just got that much more interesting.
Five days after Ohio State’s crushing 24-6 defeat in Miami, Head Coach Luke Fickell announced he is making a change at quarterback.
Fifth-year senior Joe Bauserman is out after his 2-for-14 effort against the Hurricanes and true freshman Braxton Miller will make his first start against Colorado on Saturday.
Braxton Gets the Nod
- Fickell said it was time to make the switch to see what Braxton can do. Said he felt it was best for the team moving forward.
- The Buckeyes considered going to Braxton earlier this year, but didn’t feel the time was right until now.
- Miller will get the start, but the Buckeyes still have a plan to get Bauserman into the game.
- Fickell said Bauserman took the news well and showed maturity.
- Fickell waited until Thurs. to announce the decision to make sure he handled it properly in the locker room.
- Asked if decision was a consensus among the staff, Fickell said, “what’s done is done. That's the way we’re going right now.”
- Sophomore WR Philly Brown (ankle) probably won't go this week against Colorado.
- Fickell said tailbacks Jordan Hall and Carlos Hyde could both start the game in the backfield together.
- Fickell said he thinks there could be other new starters on Saturday against Colorado.
- Fickell said sophomore DB Christian Bryant could get the start, depending which personnel they have out there.
- Fickell said sometimes the most overrated stat on defense can be sacks because you're not thinking of what you have to do, just worried about getting to the QB.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.