Two-Minute Drill: Fickell Tuesday Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State Head Coach Luke Fickell said Tuesday that one of the toughest parts of his job is talking to the media after a tough loss.
He had to do that Tuesday during his weekly press luncheon following OSU’s 34-27 loss at Nebraska.
Here is a two-minute rundown of Tuesday’s press conference.
- Fickell said that DE Nathan Williams may require another knee surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season.
- LB Storm Klein was hurting after Saturday’s game, but will be OK this week.
- Fickell said he thinks Braxton Miller will be OK this week. Most important thing is how he practices on Tues., Wed. and Thurs.
- The trainers keep telling Fickell that Braxton looks like he's going to be fine.
- Fickell said he still has confidence that Joe Bauserman will make plays when he needs to.
- Fickell said Nebraska's coverage was a lot different when Bauserman was in than when Braxton was in.
- Fickell talked about the fact Bauserman has handled adversity before when his pitching career didn't go the way he wanted it to.
- Fickell said Kenny Guiton will get more reps this week...some at QB and some on special teams.
- LB Tony Jackson said Guiton brings a lot of emotion and leadership to the huddle. He has no doubts Guiton would do well if he got a real chance.
- Fickell said Boom Herron will get some touches, but might see him initially on special teams.
- Fickell said Mike Adams probably would not have started last week if they hadn't mixed up the line because of Marcus Hall's suspension.
- This week’s offensive line will like a lot like last week’s. Marcus Hall will be a backup in his first game back from suspension.
- Fickell was asked if he had the authority to change the who or the how of offensive play calling. He responded by saying, “Sure, why wouldn't I? Who do I have to check with, my wife?”
- Fickell said he has not been a part of something like what happened on defense, but it ultimately comes down to tackling
- LB Tony Jackson said the team didn't watch film with the coaches on Sunday. Just got together with each other to watch.
- Fickell said they need to a do a better job rotating guys through on defense to keep them fresh.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.