Two-Minute Drill: Fickell Provides Thursday Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — There are plenty of people who have already put Saturday’s game in the win column for Ohio State, but Luke Fickell is not one of them.
Full video: 7:18
The 38-year old head coach continues to talk about the Hoosiers offense and how it makes them a dangerous opponent coming into Ohio Stadium for a noon kickoff with the Buckeyes.
Here is a two-minute rundown of what else Fickell had to say during his weekly Thursday press conference.
Running Back Shuffle
- Junior RB Jordan Hall is DOUBTFUL for Saturday's game against Indiana with a high ankle sprain.
- RB Jaamal Berry also not available. He is suspended indefinitely and Fickell wouldn’t speculate on if or when he might be allowed back.
- Carlos Hyde will be the No. 2 back. Fickell said he has done a good job staying patient and working hard.
- Fickell said they will use Chris Fields on kick return and possibly Corey Brown, Devin Smith, Boom Herron or Carlos Hyde.
- Redshirt frosh Rod Smith will be a lot on special teams this week and at tailback. Can also jump over and play LB if needed.
- Fickell said when somebody knows something about the NCAA, he would like to know about it. Not going to speculate.
- Fickell said there are four captains this week, but would not say who they are. He wants the focus to be on the entire team.
- They intentionally kept it a secret that Boom Herron would be a captain for the Wisconsin game.
- Fickell said there's nobody that means more to this team than Boom Herron. Eventually you have to forgive and move on.
- Said there is nobody in the OSU locker room who batted an eye at Herron being a captain after the way he has handled everything.
Both Ways for Boren?
- Fickell on the possibility of Zach Boren playing LB: "We'll take him back at any time."
- Fickell said they could eventually look at Boren playing both ways, but right now they're going with what they've got.
- Fickell said Boren could line up and play just about anywhere, including guard, tight end, tailback or linebacker.
- As a soph. in high school, Boren was 280lbs and they thought he might be a lineman.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.