Two-Minute Drill: Beyond the Loss to Miami
By Brandon Castel
MIAMI — It was a tough loss for everyone at Ohio State, but especially the players.
The Buckeyes aren’t used to losing games like this, so how did they handle themselves after the final whistle? We take you beyond the 24-6 loss to the Hurricanes and inside the locker room in our latest two-minute drill.
- Joe Bauserman accepted responsibility as the QB of this football team. Said he didn't get it done.
- Bauserman said on the pass to Stoneburner in the end zone there was a guy in his face and he couldn't see that well over top of him.
- The Buckeyes completed a total of 4 passes for 35 yards Saturday, all to running backs.
- Fickell said it was OC Jim Bollman's call to yank Braxton after the fumble, but he did not put it all on him. Said they do things as a staff.
- Bauserman said they were prepared for a QB rotation this week.
- RT J.B. Shugarts said it's not fair to put all the blame on Bauserman because the entire offense didn't get in the end zone.
- Braxton Miller said he felt like he let Buckeye Nation down. Said he likes playing in big games and he will grow from this.
- RB Jordan Hall was cramping for most of the second half.
- RB Carlos Hyde said he was hoping OSU would keep running the ball down Miami's throat in 2nd half.
- Shugarts said this team’s identity on offense is as a power team.
- Shugarts then said that Miami started putting 9 in the box even in the 4th quarter with a 17-6 lead.
- LB Etienne Sabino said that Miami "just got us" on the first run by Lamar Miller. LB Andrew Sweat said "they blocked us up."
- Johnathan Hankins said nobody was pointing fingers after the loss. This team is going to stick together.
- Sweat said the way this team responds to the loss will depend largely on the seniors.
- Sweat said Miami didn't really do anything special on offense that they weren't ready for. Hankins said only surprise was the toss plays.
- Sabino said they got beat by a good team, but he doesn't think it was a better team.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.