Two-Minute Drill: Fickell’s Thursday Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State Head Coach Luke Fickell stopped by to talk with the media Thursday before the team departs for Miami.
The Buckeyes will get in Friday night and make their first trip to Sun Life Stadium on Saturday morning before the 7:30 p.m. kickoff against the Hurricanes.
Here is a look at what Fickell had to say Thursday.
- Starting WR Philly Brown (ankle) is OUT for the Miami game. Fickell said, “I don't think he'll be able to make the bell.”
- Fickell said Brown has been running around, but just isn't able to make cuts.
- Jim Heacock said today that Nathan Williams will be OUT for about a month after having his knee scoped yesterday.
- Fickell said he doesn't know if Jim Bollman was accurate when he said Jordan Hall would start at tailback.
- They try not to focus on who the starter is going to be, but Fickell said they could have two tailbacks in the game to start.
- Fickell said Hall was a loss in a lot of categories. Said he brings fire on and off the field.
- Braxton Miller feels much better physically this week and has been good this week in practice.
- Fickell said it's blessing and a curse having all the RBs (other than Boom Herron) back. Lot more options, but everyone wants the ball.
- Redshirt freshman J.T. Moore will start in place of Nathan Williams. They will move John Simon around on the d-line.
- Fickell said they plan to work freshman LB Curtis Grant in on special teams over the next few weeks.
- Fickell said he was aware of who Bobby DiGeronimo was but didn't have any interaction with him.
- Fickell said they need to hold their guys accountable for their actions.
- Fickell on '03 Fiesta Bowl: "There were some unbelievable players in that game on both sides."
- Fickell said going to Miami is a great opportunity because it's an area they have recruited heavily. They use it in recruiting.
- Former OSU LB and current Miami Dolphin Austin Spitler will be the honorary captain Saturday in Miami.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.