Two-Minute Drill: Thursday Fickell Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes will not make their way to Lincoln until Friday afternoon, but Head Coach Luke Fickell met with the media Thursday to discuss Ohio State’s upcoming game at Nebraska.
Here is a two-minute rundown of what Fickell had to say before the big game at Memorial Stadium.
- Fickell reiterated that Braxton Miller is the team’s starting QB and Joe Bauserman is the backup QB.
- Fickell said they have a plan for both of them, but Braxton will be the guy.
- Kenny Guiton has gotten some work with the first-team offense this week, but Fickell said they are sticking with Miller and Bauserman as their two guys.
- Guiton will make the trip to Nebraska, but Taylor Graham will not.
- Fickell said WR Philly Brown (ankle) has been running around with the offense this week. He will make the trip to Nebraska and likely play this weekend.
- Senior DE Nathan Williams (knee) will not make the trip to Nebraska.
- Soph. RB Jaamal Berry has been cleared and will be available this week after undergoing a series of tests last week.
- Senior DE Solomon Thomas (leg) will make the trip and could play this weekend. He’s coming off a 5-game suspension and a broken leg.
- Freshman DL Michael Bennett will be fine after injuring his foot against Michigan State. The trainers initially thought he might have torn something, but found out it was only a sprain.
- Senior RB Boom Herron will not play against Nebraska and he won't make the trip to Lincoln.
- DeVier Posey and Marcus Hall also will not make the trip.
- Fickell said the new-look offensive line is something they had in mind at the beginning of the year for when Mike Adams came back.
- Fickell said Adams has had a great week of practice. High energy and he has brought a lot to the offensive line this week.
- Fickell said Philly Brown could start the game at WR if he practices the best this week.
- Fickell said Nebraska doesn’t run as much option as people might think.
- Fickell said stopping the option ultimately comes down to tackling and being technique-sound.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.