Two-Minute Drill: Updated Depth Chart for Nebraska
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes won’t be getting all of their suspended players back this week, but the return of left tackle Mike Adams should be boost for the offensive line after last week’s showing against Michigan State.
His return was only one of the changes to this week’s depth chart.
- Freshman Braxton Miller is listed as the lone starter at quarterback for Ohio State against Nebraska.
- Senior Joe Bauserman is listed as the backup with no “OR” between them.
- Luke Fickell confirmed that Miller will continue to be the team’s starter this week, but they may use both of them.
- Junior Jordan Hall is listed as the lone starter at tailback. Sophomore Carlos Hyde is listed as his backup.
- WR Verlon Reed does not appear on the latest depth chart after suffering a torn ACL on during Ohio State’s onside kick attempt.
- Chris Fields and Philly Brown are listed as co-starters at one receiver spot while Evan Spencer and T.Y. Williams are listed as the co-starters at the other spot.
- The Buckeyes expect to have Philly back this week from his ankle injury.
- Senior Mike Adams is listed as the starter at left tackle in his first game back from serving a 5-game suspension.
- After starting the first five games, sophomore Andrew Norwell is listed as the backup at LT, but he will slide over one spot and be the new starter at left guard.
- Redshirt soph. Jack Mewhort will move from left guard to right guard, where he is listed as the starter ahead of Corey Linsley.
- After starting the first five games at right guard, Marcus Hall will miss the game due to suspension.
- Senior Nathan Williams does not appear on this week’s depth chart and is considered doubtful for Saturday. He has not played since the season-opener.
- Senior Solomon Thomas also does not appear on the depth chart, although he is available after serving his 5-game suspension.
- Fickell said Thomas has been limited by the off-season surgery to repair the broken leg he suffered in the spring game.
- Junior Travis Howard is still listed as a starting CB ahead of Dominic Clarke.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.