Two-Minute Drill: Fickell’s Tuesday Press Luncheon
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio State Buckeyes are trying to recover from another devastating loss, and they will have to overcome some losses of their own.
The Buckeyes suffered a number of injuries Saturday in their loss at Purdue. Head Coach Luke Fickell addressed that and more in his weekly press luncheon.
- LB Andrew Sweat is DOUBTFUL this week after injuring his head in the loss at Purdue.
- Fickell said Sweat got hit and they don't know if he'll be available for "who knows how long.” The important thing for Sweat is that he is OK...not worried about football right now.
- Johnathan Hankins didn't go back in the Purdue game after injuring his knee and it doesn't look good for this week.
- Hankins (knee) would also be considered DOUBTFUL against Penn State. Fickell said he had an MRI and they’re hopeful it wasn't a season-ending or 6-month type injury.
- Fickell said they still don't know exactly on right tackle J.B. Shugarts (knee) right now. Said he's probably close, but very QUESTIONABLE right now for this week’s game.
- Fickell said this senior class should be remembered for their body of work. Admitted legacy is left as a senior.
- Fickell on senior intros for suspended guys: "I can't control that, but to me, they should praise them."
- Fickell said it's early in the week, they don't know if DeVier Posey will start. Depends if they can get Philly Brown back.
- Fickell said he hopes DeVier can provide a spark for the passing game the way Boom Herron did with the running game.
- Andrew Sweat will be introduced on Senior Day despite the fact he likely will not play against Penn State.
- Nathan Williams will NOT be introduced on Senior Day. May be because he is seeking a medical redshirt for his injured knee.
Dealing With Adversity
- Fickell admitted the spot he is in isn't easy, but said, "Life's not fair." Said 'Is it fair coach Joe Daniels has to battle cancer?'
- Fickell said this isn't a utopia we all live in. "Life isn't fair."
- Fickell said ultimately the coaches get graded on wins and losses, but that's not why they got into this. Care most about the kids.
- Fickell on growth of players this season: "We have to be smart enough to know what our guys can handle and how to be successful"
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.