Two-Minute Drill: Posey Returns to Depth Chart for Penn State
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — In his first eligible game of the season, senior wideout DeVier Posey appeared as a co-starter on Ohio State’s latest depth chart, released Monday.
Posey has missed the first 10 games of the season due to suspension, but he is eligible to play for the first time this Saturday against Penn State. It will also be Senior Day at Ohio Stadium and Posey will be introduced with the rest of the senior class, including Daniel “Boom” Herron, Mike Adams and Solomon Thomas.
Here is a breakdown of this week’s two-deep heading into the final home game of the 2011 season.
- Posey appears as a co-starter at wide receiver with Corey “Philly” Brown, who missed the game at Purdue after re-injuring his ankle during practice.
- Chris Fields is listed as the other starting WR. He is backed up by freshman Devin Smith. Freshman Evan Spencer was dropped from this week’s two-deep to make room for Posey.
- Senior J.B. Shugarts also appears as a co-starter at right tackle with redshirt soph. Jack Mewhort.
- Shugarts missed the Purdue game with a knee injury and freshman Antonio Underwood started in his place, but Mewhort eventually moved from right guard to right tackle.
- Mewhort is still listed as a co-starter at right guard along with redshirt soph. Corey Linsley. It was Linsley who came in to replace Mewhort when he moved to tackle.
- The backup quarterback is still listed as Joe Bauserman ‘OR’ Kenny Guiton.
- The backup tailback is still listed as Jordan Hall ‘OR’ Carlos Hyde.
- Jaamal Berry no longer appears on the depth chart as a kick returner. He was suspended indefinitely last week pending the outcome of his legal issues. The kick returners are now listed as Jordan Hall and Chris Fields ‘OR’ Carlos Hyde.
- Soph. Johnathan Hankins appears as a starting defensive tackle on the two-deep after injuring his knee in the second half against Purdue. Hankins is backed up by redshirt frosh Darryl Baldwin.
- Senior LB Andrew Sweat does NOT appear on the depth chart after suffering a concussion at Purdue. He is replaced by freshman Ryan Shazier at the Will LB spot. Shazier is backed up by walk-on Chris Maxwell.
- No changes to the secondary on this week’s depth chart.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.