Two-Minute Drill: Toledo Experts
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State assistant coaches Dick Tressel and Taver Johnson met with the media Wednesday after practice.
Both coaches had key starters suspended for last week’s season-opener against Akron, but what will their status be in week two?
- Junior tailback Jordan Hall is available for this week’s game and Tressel said he is going to play against Toledo.
- Tressel said he expects Hall will "play well" coming off his one-game suspension, but sophomore Carlos Hyde will make his second straight start.
- With the way Hyde has prepared and played, Tressel said it's hard not to put him out there and say, “Go do it again.”
- The Buckeyes will also have Jaamal Berry back this week after he missed the opener with a hamstring injury.
- Berry was available as an emergency only against Akron in the season-opener.
- Dick Tressel said Berry is practicing this week and his hamstring is “100%.”
- The biggest challenge with Berry will be getting him “game ready” after how much time he has missed.
- Cornerbacks coach Taver Johnson said he is at 75% health following off-season Achilles surgery. He is out of the boot but still wearing a brace.
- Travis Howard will definitely play Saturday, but they haven't made a decision on who their two starting corners will be this week against Toledo.
- Johnson said Howard has had a great attitude throughout the whole process. Said, “He was a starter and he is a starter.”
- Johnson said Bradley Roby just barely edged out Dominic Clarke for the other starting spot at the end of camp.
- Clarke wasn't really considered a "backup" even though he was the No. 3 corner.
- Dick Tressel said that Toledo kick returner Eric Page has a great feel for space and does a great job setting up his blocks.
- Tressel said Page is also tough. He breaks tackles and usually has 2-3 guys falling beside him.
- Taver Johnson said Page is a much more confidant player than he was when they faced him two years ago as a freshman.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.