Two-Minute Drill: Updated Depth Chart for Wisconsin
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It didn’t take long for Boom Herron to regain his official starting spot.
One week after making his debut in Ohio State’s 17-7 win over Illinois, Herron was listed as the Buckeyes’ starting tailback for this week’s primetime game against Wisconsin.
Here is a two-minute rundown of this week’s depth chart.
- After not appearing on last week’s depth chart, Herron is now listed as the starting tailback. He ran for 114 yards and a TD on 23 carries in his first game of the season.
- Backup tailback Jordan Hall is now listed as an "OR" with Carlos Hyde. Hall carried the ball 12 times for 56 yards against Illinois while Hyde had just three caries for eight yards.
- Freshman Braxton Miller listed as the starting quarterback.
- Senior Joe Bauserman is still listed as the backup QB, but there is now an "OR" between him and redshirt soph. Kenny Guiton.
- Corey “Philly” Brown and Chris Fields are listed as the two starting WRs.
- The backup WRs are now listed as freshmen Evan Spencer and Devin Smith.
- Redshirt freshman T.Y. Williams is not listed on this week's depth chart after appearing as a co-starter last week.
- Freshman Curtis Grant has replaced walk-on Chris Maxwell as the backup to Etienne Sabino at Sam LB.
- This is the first time this season that Grant has appeared in the two-deep. He moved to Sam LB a few weeks ago after playing Mike LB during fall camp.
- Travis Howard continues to be listed as a starting CB ahead of Dominic Clarke, but Clarke is in the two-deep after missing the Illinois game due to suspension.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.