Two-Minute Drill: Post-Practice Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State has been waiting a year for this rematch with Wisconsin, but the players are not calling it a revenge game.
See what else they had to say after Tuesday’s practice as the Buckeyes prepare for a primetime matchup with the Badgers under the lights at Ohio Stadium.
- Center Michael Brewster said Braxton Miller looks like a different guy in practice than he did a month ago.
- Tight end Jake Stoneburner said Braxton has a had a great week with his reads. He is hitting guys out of their cuts much than he was before and Stoneburner said the ball is hitting him in the right spot.
- Stoneburner said the Buckeyes are always working on the passing game, but he is fine with one completion if they are winning.
- Mike Brewster said he talked to Carlos Hyde after the Tweets. Told him to stay hungry and that Boom Herron only has a few games left.
- Brewster said people forget how good running back Herron is. He said he thinks Herron's vision is better than it was last year.
- Brewster said he doesn’t compare Ohio State’s offensive line to Wisconsin’s, but they are starting to play at that level since getting Mike Adams back.
- Stoneburner said he would have loved to be on the receiving end of a TD like Michigan State’s. Said it was devastating for Wisconsin at the moment, but a loss is a loss.
- That loss lifted Ohio State’s spirits because they are back in the race.
- Stoneburner said Luke Fickell has preached that this is not a revenge game, this about the 2011 Buckeyes. He did admit everyone has been waiting for this game.
- Stoneburner said he feels like last year’s team was good enough to win the national title if not for their one slip-up at Wisconsin.
- Stoneburner wouldn’t comment on Terrelle Pryor’s statement that OSU would have won 9 of 10 games with Wisconsin last year, but basically said there is a reason Pryor wasn’t allowed to talk to the media a lot.
- Stoneburner said the Horseshoe can get louder than any other place he has played.
- LB Etienne Sabino said he feels like he has grown a lot this year. His first real playing time, so it's been an adjustment.
- Sabino said Curtis Grant is a hard worker and has made a lot of strides since fall camp.
- Sabino said the most important thing to do when playing Wisconsin is attack. Can't sit back and read or wait.
- Sabino said the Buckeyes will benefit this week from the big defensive front they have been using.
- John Simon said he thinks Wisconsin’s offense is better than last year. CB Travis Howard agreed.
- Howard said he embraces the challenge of going against another big-time WR in Nick Toon. Said he always wants to see how he stacks up against the best.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.