OSU Vs. Purdue Postgame Notes
By John Porentas
Ohio State (6-4, 3-3) 23, at Purdue (5-5, 3-3) 26 OT
Nov. 12, 2011
West Lafayette, Ind.
There wasn't much to celebrate about the outcome, but there were some notable milestones in OSU's loss to Purdue.
* Ohio State is 5-2 all-time in overtime games.]
* The Buckeyes are 15-2 in November games since the start of the
2005 season and 8-1 on the road that month.
* Ohio State leads the all-time series with Purdue, 37-14-2, and
12-8 in games played in West Lafayette.
* Dan "Boom" Herron (2,671 coming in) moved into 10th place on
Ohio State's all-time rushing list, passing Raymont Harris who rushed
for 2,649 yards from 1990-93.
* Jordan Hall hauled in a career-long 38-yard pass for a TD in the
first quarter. He then caught a second TD pass with 13 seconds left in
regulation. He finished with three catches for 58 yards and two TDs.
* Braxton Miller tied his career high with two TD passes in the
game. He accounted for three scores on the day with a 6-yard TD run in
the third quarter.
* Tackle J.B. Shugarts had his streak of 24-consecutive starts
snapped. Freshman Antonio Underwood made his first start at right tackle
in his place.
* Ryan Shazier recorded a career-high seven tackles, including 1.0
TFL and a forced fumble in the third quarter.
* John Simon has 11.0 TFL in the past five games.
* Orhian Johnson intercepted his second pass of the season and the
third of his career late in the fourth quarter.
* Since 2005, Ohio State's defense has allowed just 13 100-yard
rushers during a span of 88 games and only nine since the start of the
2007 season. Both marks are third-best among FBS schools.
* Drew Basil came into the game with 12 consecutive field goals.
That was snapped when he missed a 50-yarder at the end of the first
half. He hit a 33-yarder in the first overtime period.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.