Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Talks Health, Buckeyes with Cowherd
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes are headed for Bloomington this evening, or at least Indianapolis, where they will spend the night before driving over to the Indiana University campus on Saturday.
Meyer took a few minutes out of his Friday to Colin Cowherd on his nationally syndicated radio program.
Meyer on His Health
* Meyer told Cowherd he's enjoying his life, but it's still a grind during the season. Difference will be enjoying himself in the offseason.
* Meyer to Cowherd: "I'm good to go."
* Meyer said there is always pressure to win, whether it's at Bowling Green or Ohio State. Coaches want to do the best for their players.
* Meyer told Cowherd he feels good health-wise and he's not going to let what happened at Florida happen again.
Meyer on the Buckeyes
* Meyer said the Buckeyes are much better now than they were against Cal and that's expected. "I never panicked. I know it takes time."
* Meyer: "I want fast guys here. I want to be the fastest team in America. I thought we did that at Florida."
* Meyer makes a nice recruiting pitch to fast players, said they can make a difference at Ohio State right away and do it in front of 107,000 fans every week.
* Meyer said Patriots coach Bill Belichick came to visit him at Florida to learn some new stuff they weren't doing in the NFL.
* Meyer said you're going to see a constant evolution in college football, but teams like Alabama and Stanford going back to pro style.
* Meyer told Cowherd it was extremely easy to move the ball at BG and Utah because defenses had no idea how to defend it back then.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.