Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Provides Updates on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — How good is Braxton Miller the athlete?
His numbers certainly speak for themselves this season, but Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer speaks a little bit louder. And a little bit more highly of the Buckeyes’ sophomore quarter.
On Tuesday, during his appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference, Meyer named Miller as one of the two best runners he has ever coached, putting him on even footing with former Florida All-American wideout Percy Harvin.
Harvin is currently putting together a nice little season in the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings, but Meyer and Miller are getting ready to play a night game at Indiana on Saturday.
Here are some other notes from the B1G Teleconference, including comments from Meyer and IU head coach Kevin Wilson.
Meyer Talks Buckeyes, Hoosiers
* Meyer said it's risky to have a bunch of recruits come in for a big game because if you lose, it's miserable.
* Meyer said he didn't know how many recruits were at the Nebraska game but "I know there were a lot." Said it was a great weekend for the program.
* Meyer said Kevin Wilson is a 'tremendous coach' on the front edge of everything offensively.
* Meyer said not being able to play for a championship "is what it is" at this point. Have to worry about what they can control.
* Meyer said the hurry-up offense is a great weapon for people who understand it. Mentioned the Patriots are doing it and that he brought in Tom Herman to help him get to that level.
* Meyer said he's a little worried about the fact his team is 6-0 right now and people are telling them how good they are all of a sudden.
Wilson Talks Meyer, Buckeyes
* Kevin Wilson called Braxton Miller one of the best players in the game right now. Loves his competitiveness.
* Wilson said with this OSU coaching staff, we haven't seen the best of Braxton Miller. Hopes he doesn't see his best Saturday.
* Wilson said Indiana will play a tremendously good, physical OSU team Saturday.
* Wilson said common theme in Urban's offense is ball security, physical running game and taking advantage of the playmakers.
* Wilson said he can feel his team getting better, but he worries about the players getting discouraged by the scoreboard.
* Wilson: "If we keep doing it, the scoreboard is eventually going to get right. We have to keep fighting the fight and climbing the mountain."
* Wilson said the plan right now is to play both QBs, Cam Coffman and Nate Sudfeld, this week against OSU. Both have looked good in practice, but neither has separated thus far.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.