Two-Minute Drill: Inside a 12-0 Postgame
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — For the third time in the last decade, Ohio State has completed a perfect regular season.
It seemed only fitting on the day OSU recognized the 10-year anniversary of the 2002 national championship this 2012 version would lock up a perfect 12-0 season with a 26-10 victory over archrival Michigan.
Here’s a look at what Urban Meyer and the players had to say in the postgame room after the big win.
* Meyer calls this senior class the most selfless group he's ever been around.
* Meyer said the defense played like a group possessed because their brother was down.
* Meyer said his goal right now is to make sure this team is never forgotten.
* Zach Boren said he told guys in the locker room he wished it was a pro team so they could all come back and do it again next year.
* Ben Buchanan said this is the most selfless team he’s ever been apart of.
Best in the Country?
* Meyer said the common denominator on best teams in the country is great defense. “Right now I think we could play with anybody in America.”
* Meyer didn't comment on whether OSU should win the national title if they're the only undefeated team. Didn't want to make headlines.
* The players had no problems with it. To a man, every one of them said they believe Ohio State is the best team in the country.
* Boren asked everyone with an AP vote to put them No. 1. Other guys thought they should win the title if Notre Dame loses.
* Jake Stoneburner said he absolutely thinks Ohio State is the best team in the country and should be ranked No. 1 in the AP.
* Stoneburner said he was going to go home and watch some of the Notre Dame game. Rooting for the Irish to lose.
Winning One for the Gimper
* The Buckeyes gave John Simon the game ball after the game.
* Fickell said John Simon is one of the most amazing people he's ever been around. Probably will never coach another quite like him.
* Nathan Williams said Simon was emotional before the game when he talked to the team.
* Williams said Simon was talking to them all game about what the offense was doing.
* Adolphus Washington said he was trying to knock the football out on that sack like Simon taught him.
Man of the Hour
* Jack Mewhort said he loves blocking for Carlos Hyde because he never stops fighting, will claw and scratch for every inch.
* Hyde said he imitated Denard Robinson's "eating" motion after that game-clinching first down at the end.
* Hyde said he remembered Denard doing it last year after he scored, "I wanted to show him what it really means to eat."
* Asked Boren if it got them fired up. He said "oh yeah" then said they were telling him to do it on that final drive.
Looking at Next Year
* Someone asked Braxton Miller if he was ready for what was coming next year: Heisman talk, preseason expectations, "That comes with football."
* Christian Bryant said he and Bradley Roby looked at each other after the game and they
knew they have to get better for next year.
* Asked Bryant if that meant he was going to have Roby back with him next year and he said, "I can't say. I can't say."
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.