Two-Minute Drill: OSU Players Talk Rivalry, More
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It’s a big week for everyone in Columbus, especially the players.
The 2012 seniors will play their final game as Buckeyes on Saturday and it will come at home on Senior Day against archrival Michigan in Ohio Stadium.
Here’s a rundown of what the seniors had to say on Monday as they begin preparations for that school up north.
Sabino Happy to Be Back
* Sabino said when he first heard he had a broken leg, he was devastated. Thought his senior season was over, but then he vowed to make it back for the Michigan game.
* Sabino said he felt rusty against Wisconsin but he wouldn't have played if he wasn't physically ready.
* Domicone said he can't understand how a guy from Dayton (Brady Hoke) could grow up rooting for Michigan, but they never liked guys from Fairmont.
* Orhian Johnson: "As close as a football game can get to war, this is it."
* Johnson said they gave coach Withers a little education in the rivalry this week, but he's been in some big rivalries.
* Johnson said ultimately you can't tell someone about this rivalry, they have to experience in.
* Johnson said it's more fun when the coaches embrace the rivalry. It rubs off on the players.
* Johnson said it would take a broken leg or missing foot for player to miss this game.
Handling Bowl Ban
* Domicone said Gene Smith had told the team a number of times there wouldn't be a bowl ban.
* Johnson said there were murmurs of seniors who initially thought of leaving after the bowl ban, but these guys are like brothers.
* Buchanan said some of the credit for this season should go to guys like Brewster and Sweat.
Tressel to Meyer
* Domicone said they always worked hard under Jim Tressel but the big difference is you can't have a bad rep let alone a bad day under Meyer.
* Johnson said he still has nothing but love and respect for Jim Tressel. Believes most Ohio State fans feel the same way.
* Johnson said his favorite Urban Meyer moment was how excited he was after the win at Michigan State. Celebrated with them right there on the field.
* Buchanan said all the mistakes on punt blocks this year have been mental miscues. Guys forgetting their assignment.
* Buchanan said it was Meyer who asked him to try out the rugby style punt. They've tried out a few different things.
* Buchanan said the kickers aren't crazy about the new footballs, but Braxton Miller loves them.
* Buchanan said a lot of teams use Nike footballs and in an ideal world they would love to kick those.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.