Two-Minute Drill: Inside Ohio State’s Postgame
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It was one of the strangest, most exciting games in recent history for the Buckeyes. After going up 7-0 early, the Buckeyes fell behind 17-7 before Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde completely took over the game.
Ohio State rattled off 28 points in the second quarter and 28 more in the second half for a 63-38 victory over Nebraska on Saturday. Here’s a look at what Urban Meyer and his players had to say after the big win, which improves the team to 6-0 this season.
* Braxton on whether he’s OK physically: “Yeah, I’m good.”
* LB Ryan Shazier with a slight limp as he comes into post game interview. Says knee is bruised.
* RB Carlos Hyde sad his calf was cramping up on the right leg and he had a cut on the left knee, but he's feeling good.
* LB Etienne Sabino was in a walking boot after the game, but no official word on the seriousness of the injury.
Hyde’s Big Day
* Hyde said after watching film of the UCLA game, he felt he could have a big day running against Nebraska.
* Hyde said he never carried the ball 28 times in high school, which seems surprising.
* Hyde kept praising the play of his offensive line. Said his holes were "huge" out there today.
* On the fumble, Hyde said he saw the field open up and he wanted to score. Said he ran into the ref then the guy who stripped it.
* Right after the fumble, Hyde said the coaches told him not to let it get to him and they were going to run the same play next drive.
* Hyde said they practiced the Wildcat/direct snap stuff last week, but really put in the whole package this week.
* Hyde said they talked about what happened last year in Lincoln in the locker room at halftime tonight.
* Braxton said this is what he expected from this offense after fall camp but they can get a lot better.
* Braxton said Urban Meyer didn’t know how many points they had scored until he was in the locker room.
* Meyer said the first quarter was a train wreck but the offensive line took over the game.
* Meyer said they wanted to rely on Carlos Hyde early but it wasn’t working. Braxton’s long run changed the game.
* Meyer said he didn’t think the offense would be capable of laying this well this early in the year.
* Meyer: “My guys right now are that offensive line.”
* Mewort said he loves the mentality of the offense. Felt they couldn't be stopped once they got it started.
* Jack Mewhort said Urban Meyer wants to score on every drive. He told them back in January he would like to score 100 points in a game.
* Mewhort said it's exciting to see all their hard work start to pay off. Offensive line really starting to gel the last two weeks.
* Jeff Heuerman said the biggest thing they took away from this game today was that they finally played a complete game.
* Meyer said defense has to get a lot better. Can’t give up that many points or big plays.
* John Simon finished with 7 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, two sacks and a forced fumble.
* Shazier said once Etienne Sabino went down, they really rallied around that on defense. Wanted to play well for him.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.