Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Provides Updates on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes got a big win over Michigan State on Saturday, but it won’t mean a whole lot if they turn around and lose to Nebraska under the lights at home this week.
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer talked about his team, and the matchup with the Cornhuskers, during his appearance on the weekly Big Ten Football Teleconference Tuesday.
Meyer on Ohio State
* Meyer: "Very proud of our team. Tough environment against a very good football team."
* Meyer said his players have proven to him they're capable of taking shots down the field. Didn't feel that way after spring ball.
* Meyer said Braxton Miller throws a nice deep ball and he would expect them to do that a little more often.
* Meyer said Braxton’s toughness against Michigan State definitely earns him more respect in the locker room.
* Meyer said DE Nathan Williams has been rusty so far, but he's really starting to play very well now.
* Meyer said it’s not coincidence so many good coaches from Ohio. "You're born into the game of football." Also said Ohio HS football is very organized from the top down.
* Meyer said the Godfathers of football when he was growing up were Woody Hayes, Paul Brown and Chuck Noll.
Meyer on Nebraska
* Meyer on Narduzzi's comments: "I have no idea. I'm moving on. That's between the video coordinators, but it's pretty standard."
* Meyer said he doesn't worry about his reputation with other Big Ten coaches at all.
* Meyer said Martinez is “one of the best runners I’ve ever seen at the quarterback position.”
* Meyer: "You'll see two of the most athletic QBs in the country on the field together this weekend."
* Meyer said they can’t blitz Nebraska as much as they did with MSU last week because they'll hit you with the option.
Pelini on Ohio State
* As expected, Pelini said he doesn't have any extra emotions from his days as a player at OSU heading into Saturday night's game.
* Pelini did say he has fond memories of playing in Ohio Stadium. Said it's a great place to play and his players will really enjoy it.
Quick Notes from Bielema/Dantonio
* Dantonio said William Gholston looks fine this week. No ill effects from the Ohio State game.
* Dantonio also said he has heard nothing from the Big Ten about the Hankins incident.
* Bielema said it's tough to catch up to the spread because there are so many different variations. A lot depends on the QB.
* Bielema on film exchange: "I've never had an issue in this league." Said coaching staff usually not involved in putting tape together.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.