Two-Minute Drill: Meyer, Braxton Provide Post-Practice Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller was, of course, the topic of conversation following Wednesday’s practice at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
We got a chance to speak with Miller himself, along with Urban Meyer and a handful of Miller’s OSU teammates as the Buckeyes continue their preparations for Penn State. Here’s a look at what they had to say about Ohio State’s sophomore quarterback and more on Wednesday.
Latest on Braxton
* Meyer said QB Braxton Miller was full go in practice yesterday and today.
* Meyer doesn't expect Miller to be limited in any way against Penn State.
* Fields said Braxton Miller is a little slow this week but he's recovering well. Said he thinks Braxton had a minor concussion and a neck injury.
* Miller said he was a little dizzy and nervous so they took him to the hospital as a precaution. Said he had never experienced something like what he did Saturday and is made him nervous. Shocked his system a little.
* Miller said he was asking the nurse for updates on the OSU game after he got to the hospital, but she didn't know.
* Miller said he feels good and he's getting daily treatment on his neck. Said he'll be ready to go Saturday.
* RB Carlos Hyde said he saw Miller on Sunday and couldn't believe he seemed the same as always.
* DB C.J. Barnett said Braxton looks the same to him this week. Throwing the ball well and seems to be himself.
* Barnett said LB Etienne Sabino is working like a guy who plans to be back this year. Expects him out there at some point.
* Meyer said RB Jordan Hall reinjured his knee and isn't practicing right now. A medical redshirt is now very much in the picture for Hall.
* Meyer said WR Philly Brown has been full go in practice this week. He looked like his normal self walking around and talking after practice.
* Meyer said LB Joshua Perry is full-go this week, but no one new has really emerged at LB. Hard to do in 2 days of practice.
Talking Penn State
* Jake Stoneburner said no question Penn State is the most hostile place he's played in the B1G.
* Stoneburner said you hear about places being hostile, but it's mostly the same. Said PSU is more than just double middle fingers.
* Barnett said Penn State has good tight ends and receivers, so it will be a challenge for the OSU secondary.
* Stoneburner said it's amazing how Meyer/Herman have an answer for everything. Said they almost always see something different than what they practice against all week, but Herman has 15-20 plays ready to go for whatever they're up against.
* Stoneburner laughed when we asked if TE Jeff Heuerman was more confident after his 2-point catch. Said he was already cocky before that.
* DT Jonathan Hankins said he felt dizzy after his head first tackle against a screen play.
* Hankins said the only game where the defense really feels like it played up to its potential this year Michigan State.
* Hankins said the defensive line has played pretty well this season, but they could still play a whole lot better.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.