Two-Minute Drill: O’Brien Preparing for Braxton Miller
By Brandon Castel
After losing his first two games as the head football coach at Penn State, Bill O’Brien has the Nittany Lions on a five-game winning streak. They are 3-0 in the Big Ten, having knocked off Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa over the last three weeks.
During his weekly appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference, O’Brien said the focus this week will continue to be on Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller, despite the fact backup Kenny Guiton led the Buckeyes to a comeback victory over Purdue.
O’Brien on Braxton Miller
* O'Brien said they are preparing for Braxton Miller. Called him one of the top players in the country.
* O'Brien on Braxton: "He can run, he can throw, he's instinctive and he runs Urban Meyer's offense very well."
* O'Brien said Kenny Guiton did a good job against Purdue, but Braxton is the guy they have to prepare for.
More from O’Brien
* O'Brien says the no-huddle offense has been around since the beginning of time. "No one invented this."
* O'Brien said the things that stand out about QB Matt McGloin are his smarts and his toughness. Said everyone from Scranton is tough.
* O'Brien said they can't make mistakes, turn the ball over or have stupid penalties against Ohio State. Said the Buckeyes will make plays on offense.
* O'Brien: "The phrase doom and gloom never existed in this building." Said there's no shame in their loss to undefeated Ohio, but they could have played better against Virginia.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.