Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Provides Updates on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer is looking for his eighth win in eight tries with the Buckeyes. His team is coming off a scary 52-49 win at Indiana last week and they get the Purdue Boilermakers at home Saturday.
Here’s a look at what Meyer had to say during his appearance on the weekly Big Ten Football Teleconference on Tuesday.
Meyer on the Offense
* He said the most improved area is the offensive line play. "If you want to get an offense playing well, get your offensive line going. They're playing well right now."
* Meyer said QB Kenny Guiton was about to get on a one-way ticket back to Texas when the new staff arrived. Turned it around immediately.
* Meyer again said he would like to get Guiton in the game without Braxton Miller being injured.
* Meyer said one way they will get Devin Smith ready is in practice today, they're going to hit him every time he catches the ball. Key for him is focus, no matter what’s going on around him.
* Meyer said Mewhort is probably playing the best on the O-line, but it starts with the center, Corey Linsley.
Meyer on the Defense
* Meyer on the OSU defense: "It's my job to prepare a team, and we're having some struggles on defense." Said he will help with fundamentals.
* Meyer said the coaches did thorough research on the D. Came down to 4-6 seconds of effort, leverage (pursuit) and missed tackles.
* Meyer said end of the Indiana game was painful to watch. Last onside kick was more relief it was over than joy of victory.
* Meyer said he sees a good Purdue team on film. Said they're some missed tackles away from being really good on D.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.