Two-Minute Drill: Don’t Miss a Moment of Meyer’s Power Hour
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — If you missed a minute, you missed a lot during Urban Meyer’s weekly call-in show on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus, and all around the great state of Ohio.
Meyer had a lot of things to say during his weekly ‘Power Hour,’ including updates on Etienne Sabino, Jordan Hall and Nathan Williams. Here’s a complete rundown of what Meyer had to say on Thursday.
* Meyer said he thinks RB Jordan Hall could possibly still get a redshirt, but they won't look at that until later. Meyer said he won’t play Hall until he’s 100% healthy.
* Meyer said LB Etienne Sabino ran yesterday in the pool. "It's a great sign, but I don't know how far he is away."
* Meyer said DE Nathan Williams is back and full-speed. Could tell they missed his intensity and leadership on D.
* Meyer said Boren went to FB/TE meetings on Tuesday when Meyer realized they barely had enough LBs to practice.
* Meyer said CB Armani Reeves has an ankle sprain that's not getting better. Said he and CB Najee Murray were two of their best coverage guys.
* Meyer said DE Michael Bennett could be a very good player, but he's not playing to his potential yet after missing so much time.
* Meyer said RB Rod Smith is one of the great stories of Ohio State football. Effort is an A+. Said Smith missed practice Tuesday because he was sick, and the old Rod Smith probably would have found a way to miss more time.
* Meyer said WR Chris Fields had his best week of practice. Said Fields and Verlon Reed starting to get more time.
* Meyer raving about the improvement of QB Cardale Jones. Said he was a 'lost soul' in the spring. "He's a horse."
* Meyer said their goal on offense each game is 250 yards passing and 250 yards rushing.
* Meyer said Braxton's development is rather obvious. Called him one of the best offensive players in the country. "I love him."
* Meyer on Braxton: "If we catch all the balls last week, he throws for well over 300 yards."
* Meyer on QB Kenny Guiton: "I can't think of a better guy we could have as the old righty coming out of the pen."
* Meyer was watching Utah game with Shelley when they ran the shovel play. Shelley asked why they were running his play.
* Meyer said they expect to be in nickel defense 50% of the time or more against Purdue.
* Meyer said DE Noah Spence played well and will get more playing time. Has separated himself from the other young guys.
* Meyer said the two young guys they really need to come on are Spence and Adolphus Washington.
* DE Nathan Williams could help them at OLB this week, or as a walk-out defender.
* Meyer said LB Camren Williams has to know both Mike and Will LB. "At this point, that's not normal."
* Meyer said it's really not fair for bowl teams to get 15 extra practices while other players can't be out there working.
* Meyer said his punt return/block unit has been dominant the last two weeks. Praised the job by Zach Smith. "That's not by accident."
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.