Two-Minute Drill: Bielema Talks Buckeyes on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
If not for Ohio State’s postseason ban, this weekend’s game would likely have Big Ten championship implications. As it stands, it’s still going to mean a whole lot to both sides, as the Buckeyes travel to Madison for a rivalry game with Wisconsin.
Bret Bielema’s team wrapped up another trip to the Big Ten championship game this past week with a lopsided victory over Indiana. Here’s a look at what he had to say about the Buckeyes on Tuesday during his appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference.
* Bielema said Ohio State's offense starts with No. 5, but he also pointed out Carlos Hyde and Devin Smith as playmakers.
* Bielema said the execution and timing between Braxton Miller and his WRs has really improved this year.
* Bielema said he's seen improvement in Braxton from game one to game 10 this year. Impressed by his timing.
* Bielema: "It all starts up front and when those big guys are playing well it makes everyone else look a lot better."
Beating Ohio State
* Bielema: "We're going to play this game Saturday and I want to win it in the worst way because Ohio State has set the standard for winning."
* Bielema said Wisconsin's rivalry with Ohio State is one of respect. They know how good the Buckeyes have been.
* Bielema doesn't think there will be a letdown for his team after punching their ticket to Indianapolis last week.
* Bielema said they have faith in QB Curt Phillips to throw the ball more this week against OSU. Didn't have to throw it at Indiana.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.