Two-Minute Drill: Players, Coaches Talk Wisconsin
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes circle “The Game” against Michigan on their schedule each and every season, but there is no question Wisconsin is the team this group of Ohio State players has come to dislike the most over the last 4-5 years.
Here’s a look at what players had to say about their rivalry with the Badgers, and a physical game they expect up in Madison this weekend.
No Love for Bucky
* DT Johnathan Hankins said he doesn't really like Wisconsin and doesn't care what they think of Ohio State.
* WR Corey Brown said he can't say he hates Wisconsin more than Michigan, but he hates them just as much.
* Brown said the Badgers ruined Ohio State's perfect season his freshman year, doesn't want to let that happen again.
* Brown used the word "stole" when talking about Wisconsin ruining their perfect season in 2010.
* LB Zach Boren said the game in 2010 really put a bad taste in everyone's mouth at Ohio State. No one around here really likes those guys.
* Boren said the feeling is probably mutual, especially because both programs are so similar. Said expects Wisconsin players hate the Buckeyes after what happened last year.
* OSU assistant Kerry Coombs said he has never been to the state of Wisconsin.
* John Simon said the most physical team will win this game on Saturday.
* Simon said LB Etienne Sabino looked great in practice today. Couldn't even tell he had the injury.
* Boren said he's excited to play in a physical, smashmouth game like this. Only his second one at LB.
* Hankins said the OSU defense is built for a physical game like this. It's strength on strength and they'll be ready.
* Boren said he is really working hard this week to study Wisconsin's tendencies. Huge in a game like this.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.