Two-Minute Drill: Updates from Urban’s Power Hour
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Urban Meyer provided plenty of his usual updates to the media on Wednesday night, but some of his best stuff always comes during his weekly call-in show on Thursday.
Here’s a breakdown of what Meyer had to say during this week’s ‘Power Hour.’
* Meyer said again how good it is to have LB Etienne Sabino back this week.
* Meyer said Bri'onte Dunn is out for the Wisconsin game but he's doing better this week.
* Buckeyes have given Adam Homan some carries this week but Meyer said that's not a direction they really want to go.
* Meyer said Chris Borland is an All-Big Ten caliber LB and they would love to have him at OSU.
* Defensive coaches told Meyer they think James White is every bit as good as Montee Ball. “That's alarming,” Meyer said.
* Meyer: "There's one rivalry game and that's next week."
* Meyer said he penciled freshman Taylor Decker at RT after spring ball. Said Reid Fragel wasn’t very good at that point, but he has come a long way.
* Meyer said he loves the offensive line this year. Graded them a B for the year. Gave the WRs a C thus far.
* Meyer mentions Chase Farris and Decker again as two guys who are coming on strong.
* Meyer said he plans to always have a QB who can move his feet and get out of trouble. Braxton Miller is special though.
* Meyer called Bradley Roby one of the best corners in the Big Ten. Said he wasn't a 4-6 second guy in the Spring but now he is.
* Meyer said he was disappointed in his team over the first 4 weeks. First time he saw their toughness was in East Lansing.
* Meyer's two biggest concerns heading into December are recruiting and then developing his current players without those 15 bowl practices.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.