Two-Minute Drill: Notes from Meyer’s Monday Luncheon
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Oho — Ohio State is coming off a bye week and are 10-0 heading into Saturday's game against Wisconsin.
It will be the final road trip of the season, but Madison has been a tough place for Ohio State over the last 30 years. Meyer met with the media on Monday, and here are the updates from his weekly press luncheon, which started a little later than usual because the Buckeyes practiced early this morning.
* Meyer said he can't say what percent LB Etienne Sabino is right now, but he expects him to be in the starting lineup.
* RB Br'ionte Dunn is OUT with a non-surgical MCL sprain. Hoping to get him back for Michigan.
* Meyer said Corey Linsley still a little banged up. Practiced a little today. Hopefully full speed by Wed.
* Freshman CB Armani Reeves (ankle) is back this week and he'll be the missile on left side of kickoff team.
Coming off the Bye
* Meyer said his team had an excellent day today. Senses that guys are rejuvenated by the week off.
* Meyer said they went full pads, real hard today. Most physical practice of the week. Not going to come off bye week gradually.
* Meyer said he hasn't had to bring generate anything special without a bowl game. Likes his group. Very competitive bunch.
* Meyer said he occasionally thinks about what the Buckeyes are missing out on this year, but not as much as he thought he would.
* Meyer will address with his players the fact they can win the Leaders Division outright with a victory this weekend.
* Meyer says teams either get better or they get worse. Wisconsin playing its best on both sides of the ball right now.
* Meyer said it's hard to get gap control and gap security against all of Wisconsin's shifts and motions.
* Meyer said his players talk about the rivalry with Wisconsin. Seems they feel Badgers stole their undefeated season in 2010.
* Meyer said he can tell by the way his team practiced today "they know what's coming" with Wisconsin.
* Meyer said games he worries about are the ones where his team doesn't respect the opponent. Not the case with Wisconsin.
* Meyer said he has a lot of respect for Bret Bielema's team. Everything else was blown out of proportion.
* Reporter brought up how well Corey Linsley has snapped this year. "Why would you mention that. Like a pitcher throwing a no hitter."
* Meyer said he would grade the offense C or C- on ability to make big plays. Said Braxton can and Carlos Hyde is starting to.
* Meyer said outside of Braxton, the only guy he expected to make someone miss for a big play was Jordan Hall.
* Meyer said Zach Boren has been "a stabling force" for the defense after the debacle in Bloomington.
* Meyer said Boren was "not a very good leader whatsoever" throughout winter or spring. Developed into one of his favorite guys ever.
* Meyer said Bradley Roby and Travis Howard is one of the best cornerback combos he has ever had as a coach, but only because Howard has come a long way.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.