Two-Minute Drill: Updates from Wednesday’s Practice
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes were blasting some “Jump Around” music during Wednesday night’s practice under the lights at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
Head coach Urban Meyer seemed like he was already over the jump around, and don’t expect to see any of his players jumping around in Madison on Saturday unless the Buckeyes are winning the game.
Here’s a breakdown of what Meyer and some of his players had to say after practice on Wednesday.
* Urban Meyer said center Corey Linsley practiced today and will be ready for Saturday.
* DL Michael Bennett still hampered by injury but he should be available Saturday.
* Meyer expects to have DBs Armani Reeves and Orhian Johnson back this week.
* Same with WR/TE Jake Stoneburner and it looks like they may also have DB Zach Domicone back for special teams.
* With Bri’onte Dunn out, Meyer wasn't sure who his No. 3 tailback would be Saturday, but he mentioned Adam Homan's name.
* Players agreed this was probably going to be their toughest test to date, especially being in Madison.
* Players also seemed to agree that 10-0 is great, but doesn't mean much if they don't win the last two.
* Meyer seemed to be a little concerned about Curt Phillips adding a little bit of read option to the Wisconsin offense.
* Roby said it's a little difficult to prepare for Phillips because they have such little film on him.
* Roby said he thought it was illegal for teams to put 7-8 offensive linemen on the field before he saw Wisconsin.
* Roby said he talked about his decision with coach Coombs a few weeks ago but isn't thinking about it.
* Roby said his goal is to win these last two games for the seniors, then he'll worry about his decision.
* Roby said the area he has improved the most from last year to now is his understanding of the game. Learned so much from coach Kerry Coombs.
* Meyer said the return of LB Etienne Sabino gave the defense some stability in practice this week.
* Meyer said the idea of Zach Boren playing some FB along with LB now that Sabino is back is "out for this week."
* Roby seemed confident in Ohio State's game plan to stop the run this week. Said Badgers will "have to pass if they're going to beat us."
* Asked what Roby would be doing in a game where Wisconsin runs the ball, he said he will probably have 10 tackles getting in the mix.
* Orhian Johnson said redshirting was tough, but everything happens for a reason. Blessed to be a part of this team.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.