Simon, Brown, honored by B1G for Play vs. Wisconsin
From Big Ten Press Release
Ohio State defensive lineman John Siman and wide receiver Corey Brown have been honored as the Big Ten Players of the Week on defense and on special team respectively. The Big Ten release reads as follows.
Defensive Player of the Week
John Simon, Ohio State
Sr., DL, Youngstown, Ohio/Cardinal Mooney
· Totaled six tackles, including a program-record four sacks, in a 21-14 overtime victory against Wisconsin on Saturday
· The four sacks is the most by a Big Ten player since Purdue’s Ryan Kerrigan had four on Nov. 13, 2010 against Michigan
· Ranks as the conference leader with nine sacks and is tied with teammate Ryan Shazier with 14.5 tackles for loss this season
· Wins his second career Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week award and first this season
· Last Ohio State Defensive Player of the Week: Ryan Shazier (Nov. 5, 2012)
Special Teams Player of the Week
Corey Brown, Ohio State
Jr., PR, Upper Darby, Pa./Cardinal O’Hara
· Scored the first touchdown of the game against Wisconsin, returning a punt 68 yards for a touchdown to give OSU a 7-0 first-quarter lead
· Averaged 23 yards per punt return on three attempts in a 21-14 overtime win over the Badgers
· Wins his second Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week award
· Last Ohio State Special Teams Player of the Week: Corey Brown (Oct. 8, 2012)
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.