Two-Minute Drill: Quick Hitters from Wednesday’s Practice
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It wasn’t a perfect day, but it was as close as it might get for Urban Meyer.
He was excited and upbeat following practice, calling it Ohio State's best spring practice of the year and one of the best spring practices he's seen.
“If you want to see a ball practice, that was a ball practice,” Meyer said.
Here are the quick hitters from Wednesday’s practice inside the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
Offense Gets First Victory
* This was the offense's first win on winner/loser day, despite a late INT by Chase Farris.
* Meyer said snaps were hitting the QB’s between the numbers and it isn't looking like a "clown show" out there.
* Meyer wanted to practice inside so he could really work on the passing game.
* Braxton Miller looked really sharp throwing the football today....especially on the run.
* RB Carlos Hyde had a ridiculous 75yd TD catch on a broken play where Braxton rolled to his right and threw it over the top of the D.
* QB Kenny Guiton had the opposite kind of day. His accuracy was all over the place out there. Didn't look comfortable on the run.
* WR Tyrone (TY) Williams was dominant at the start of practice, but had a few drops over the second half.
* WR Chris Fields was at practice and working as the No. 2 slot receiver behind Corey Brown. Didn't look like he was being limited.
* Second-year lineman Chris Carter was working with the defensive as a tackle after playing guard the first half of spring ball.
* DB C.J. Barnett left practice because of an injury. Meyer thought it might have been a muscle, but said Barnett is a tough guy.
* WR Evan Spencer missed practice because of an injury. He had his left arm in a sling and freshman Mike Thomas replaced him with the first team.
* RB Rod Smith also left practice with an injury after taking a hard hit during the scrimmage.
* LB Storm Klein missed practice Wednesday. He has been battling a knee injury suffered during off-season conditioning.
* DE Nathan Williams was in shoulder pads Wednesday but did not take part in practice.
* Freshman OL Jacoby Boren underwent shoulder surgery this week to repair a torn labrum. Meyer said he earned the No. 2 center spot.
* WR Verlon Reed seemed to be moving better and was evening returning punts today, but he isn’t ready for full-go practice yet.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.