Two-Minute Drill: Meyer, Boren Appear on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State coach Urban Meyer and senior fullback Zach Boren appeared on the B1G Spring Football Teleconference Wednesday.
Here is a two-minute rundown of what they had to say midway through spring practice.
Meyer Defends Criticism
* Meyer asked if he would like to respond to The Sporting News article: "I'm not sure where a three-month investigation shows up."
* Meyer: "They interviewed a guy who never really played for us, so I'm not sure of the intent to throw great players under the bus."
* Meyer said the "Circle of Trust" never happened. Has had coaches/players call him to ask where that came from.
* Meyer: "There is no NCAA violation that we had. I'm not sure why that keeps coming up. If you would bold that and underline that for me."
Meyer’s Spring Impressions
* Meyer has been very impressed with Braxton Miller's work ethic and competitive spirit.
* Meyer said Braxton has done a good job picking up the offense, and they had a great day working on the perimeter run game Monday.
* Meyer said first half of spring practice has been installation. Second half will be putting guys in position to make plays.
* Meyer: "Jake Stoneburner and Jordan Hall are our two playmakers on offense right now. Obviously that's not enough."
* Meyer mentioned Simon, Boren, Hankins, Roby, Barnett, Stoneburner, Mewhort and Jordan Hall as guys who have impressed him this spring.
* Meyer called John Simon "Tebowish" with his commitment to Ohio State and his worth ethic.
Update on Little Boren
* Zach Boren called his little brother Jacoby Boren "an unbelievable football player" and one of the harder workers this spring.
* Jacoby, a freshman center, suffered a torn labrum in the state championship game and was going to play through, but the OSU coaches wanted him to get it fixed.
* The coaches have been so impressed by Jacoby this spring, they wanted him to be 100% for fall so he can be in the 2-deep.
* Redshirt freshman Brian Bobek will take Boren’s spot as the backup to Corey Linsley at center for the rest of spring practice.
Boren’s Spring Impressions
* Boren sees the OSU offense getting better every day in practice.
* Boren: "Last year's offense was more I-formation/Pro Style. This year it's all about spreading the field and making vertical plays."
* Boren said he 110% believes this Ohio State team could contend for a B1G title. "I've never see a team work harder."
* Boren: "We're Ohio State, we always have a target on our backs."
* Boren only referred to Ohio State’s rivals as "That School Up North." Said videos play in locker room every day of past 100 years of OSU-Michigan rivalry.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.