Here are the highlights.
* Meyer said that he was pleased with the fast start last week, and said that as bad as the injury was for Braxton Miller, it was good for Kenny Guiton. He said that Miller will practice some today and they'll know more about him playing tomorrow.
* Meyer said that Miller did nothing yesterday as far as practice, but did more today in regards to moving around.
* Asked about acclimating to a west coast trip, Meyer said that he has consulted others about it and they always go out on a Friday, and so that's what they decided do.
* He said that Guiton did a very admirable job on Saturday and called him a coach on the field. He also said that Guiton got his hand hurt on Saturday and it was swollen on Sunday and Meyer never knew it.
* Meyer said he doesn't see this game as a chance to represent the Big Ten, it's more about the Buckeyes and not the Big Ten.
* He said that they will try to control the pace of the game at times in order to let their defense rest. He said it will be a factor in the game. The running game is "basically everything" when it comes to controlling the pace.
* Meyer was asked to describe each of his running backs. He called Rod Smith the backup and then cited Warren Ball and Ezekiel Elliott as his next two. He said they don't have specific plays for Elliott at this time.
* Meyer was asked what type of experience his coaching staff has had against an air raid type of offense, and he said he doesn't think they have faced anything like what Cal is going to be bringing. And he said none of the players did.
* Meyer said he was optimistic that Miller will be able to play this week. He said he was "fairly optimistic". He also said Guiton was good to go and the hand is no concern.
* He said he certainly remembers Cal running back Brendan Bigelow from last year. He made the defense look silly. He said freshman quarterback Jared Goff has been very impressive. He said the receivers are also very good according to Kerry Coombs.