* Meyer said the travel from last weekend's trip is difficult on the way back. Guys were tired, but they rebounded well. The staff and the leaders kept everyone in check. The energy is fine right now.
* He said Braxton Miller practiced yesterday and conditioned hard after practice. He said it will be another game-time decision.
* Meyer said Kenny Guiton has been doing just fine and had a great week of practice.
* Asked about Dontre Wilson, Meyer said that he loves football, loves to compete and is playing very well. He said he is tough, fast and dynamic, and that people better get used to his name around here. Meyer didn't even realize that Wilson was second on the team in all-purpose yards. He said it was painfully obvious that they didn't have his type of game-breaking ability last year, but now they have it in him, Philly Brown, Devin Smith and Ezekiel Elliott.
* Meyer again talked about how well Evan Spencer played despite having just one reception. He cited all of the outside runs that went for big yards, and Spencer was out there for most of them blocking.
* He said Taylor Decker is still a bit up and down, but played his best game as a Buckeye last week. Meyer said that he doesn't go all the time during practice, however, and he's planning on talking to him about that today.
* Meyer said the worst part about the game last week were the two big plays given up on defense. He said the cornerbacks were too hesitant on attacking the screen on the long second touchdown.
* He said they did fine against California's pace, even being down two defensive linemen. He again said that Adolphus Washington is out this week, but will be back next week. Regarding Michael Hill playing less the last week or two, Meyer said that's more about Chase Farris and Chris Carter earning time than Hill losing time.
* Meyer said the freshmen aren't advancing fast enough, which is something he said a couple of weeks ago as well. He said it's up to the players and the position coaches to make it happen.
* Meyer said that Carlos Hyde has handled everything better than he anticipated. He said that the program is good enough that they don't have to play somebody, but Hyde has done everything that has been asked of him, so he will play. Stan Drayton has done a great job with his entire group of running backs.
* He said that FAMU is a very athletic team with an all-conference quarterback. He said they are a 3-4 defense that blitzes 95% of the time. He said the offense will have to cover all bases.
* Meyer said that this is the best scout team at Ohio State since he's been there.
* Meyer said that this team likes to play on the road. He was concerned about the leadership on the team, but he was very impressed by how the leaders handled the situation.
* He said that no fanbase travels like Ohio State. He said he could hear 'Hang On Sloopy' before the game.
* Meyer said they take the RB position very seriously because they are so talented there and they have players who deserve to get touches. He said his initial thought was that Jordan Hall would be at the “H” this year, but the issue with Carlos Hyde changed all of that. He said it will now be week-to-week, game-to-game, quarter-to-quarter who gets the ball. He said he's not sure he's ever had running backs practice like this. It is so competitive. He said it makes sense to redshirt Bri'onte Dunn this season.
* He said that his coaching style has changed over the years. It comes with having confidence in his staff. He said he didn't feel this way last year because he didn't know his staff as well as he does now.
* Meyer said they still have some depth issues at some spots, but they are comfortable with what they have right now. At linebacker, he said that Joshua Perry is a very talented guy who still needs to take that next step. However, as a group, they're not where they need to be at linebacker for a second year in a row.
* Meyer said that Bradley Roby played man coverage very well last week, but didn't play zone coverage very well. He said he's had a great week of practice this past week.
* He said there is a very high correlation between having a talented team overall and a talented scout team. He said the scout team performance on this team is as good as any place he's ever been.
* Meyer said that Cardale Jones and J.T. Barrett have practiced well the past two weeks. He said Jones was very focused this week.
* Meyer called Drew Basil “a man's man”. He said he loves Basil, but doesn't like kicking field goals.