Shazier, Hyde named B1G Players of the Week
From Big Ten Press Release
Both Carlos Hyde and Ryan Shazier have been Big Ten Players of the week for their efforts against Illinois. Below is the release from the Big Ten Conference.
Offensive Player of the Week
Carlos Hyde, Ohio State, Sr., RB, Naples, Fla./Naples
• Rushed for a career-high 246 yards, the fourth-most in Ohio State history, and scored five total touchdowns in the Buckeyes’ road victory over Illinois, becoming the first Big Ten player since 2010 to score five times in a game
• Averaged 10.3 yards per carry and rushed for four touchdowns, including runs of one, eight, 51 and 55 yards
• Also had an 18-yard touchdown reception and totaled 272 all-purpose yards in the game
• Records the third Offensive Player of the Week award of his career and second this season
• Last Ohio State Offensive Player of the Week: Braxton Miller (Oct. 28, 2013)
Defensive Player of the Week
Ryan Shazier, Ohio State, Jr., LB, Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Plantation
• Recorded a career-high 16 tackles that included 1.5 sacks and 3.5 tackles for loss in the Buckeyes’ road win at Illinois
• Forced a fumble on a third-quarter sack, which led to an Illinois safety to give the Buckeyes a 37-21 advantage
• Leads the conference and ranks among the top 15 in the nation with 1.45 tackles per loss a contest
• Claims his fourth career Defensive Player of the Week honor and second this season
• Last Ohio State Defensive Player of the Week: Ryan Shazier (Sept. 16, 2013)
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.