* Meyer said he told the players that he loved them and that he was proud of them. They tried to seize momentum in the third quarter, and then they let it get away from them. He said Michigan State is a heck of a team.
* Meyer was asked about the devastating nature of the loss, and he said it would haunt them for a little while, but it's part of the game.
* Meyer said the fourth and two at the end was run to the boundary instead of the field where it usually goes. He wanted to put the ball in the hands of their best player.
* Meyer said the defense played well in order to get the lead, but they just couldn't hold it. He shook his head when his pass defense was brought up. The loss of Bradley Roby hurt, but he didn't remember Armani Reeves playing poorly.
* He said he was disappointed in the pass defense. “We have to get this fixed.”
* Braxton Miller chuckled a bit during a question, but Ryan Shazier hasn't cracked a single smile.
* Meyer said he would have liked to have more touches for Carlos Hyde.
* Meyer said he doesn't think Ohio State's offense didn't do anything differently after they gained the 24-17 lead.
* Ryan Shazier said he was just doing his job on the punt block. He was trying to get the team as much momentum as possible.
* Meyer said Marcus Hall is fine. He was disappointed in his actions, and he said he just didn't feel it was right to play him. He said he made the decision to not play him “a while back”.
* Miller said they'll just have to come back and fix the mistakes and come back stronger. Shazier said they have gone through some adversity, but now they need to come back and start working for the next one.
* Carlos Hyde said that Meyer told them after the game that they can't let this loss affect them and allow them to go out and make a dumb mistake. He told them to keep their heads up and get ready for the next game.
* Hyde said that he's been trying to prove every week that he is the best back in the nation, and he couldn't have done any of it without his offensive line.
* Hyde said of the loss, “It's football. It's either win or lose.” He said they had their opportunities to score. He also felt like MSU couldn't stop him on the ground. “I feel I could've gotten any yardage we needed in the second half.”
* Luke Fickell said Michigan State's offense did what they expected. He said the Buckeyes adjusted well, they just didn't capitalize. “It is what it is, guys gotta make plays.”
* Fickell said “the sky's the limit” on Joey Bosa.
* Fickell said losing Bradley Roby was tough, but it's always next man up.
* Tom Herman said they took some shots downfield, but when they don't connect, it's hard to keep calling them when you can't hit them.
* Herman said Braxton Miller did a nice job of sparking the offense to their 24-point surge, but they knew this wasn't going to be a 75% completion day for Miller.
* Herman said they didn't change the offensive plan when they went up 24-17.
* Herman said they practiced the fourth down run against the exact blitz that MSU ran.
* Herman said that Braxton Miller has come leaps and bounds, but “I want to find out how much farther he can go.”
* Herman was asked if Carlos Hyde should have had more touches, but he said it was difficult to find formations and plays to get him the ball. He said he didn't know if they could have gotten him the ball more.
* Corey Linsley said that they can't let this loss affect them in their next game, and they have to get back to work and get ready for what's next. He said all they can do now is work and have fun.