* Meyer compared this rivalry to others he has coached in, and he said he grew up with this rivalry, but has been part of the Notre Dame-USC rivalry, Notre Dame-Michigan, and also Bowling Green-Toledo, as well as many others. He said it's unique to college football and what separates it from professional football.
* Meyer said it's important for his assistant coaches to have ties to Ohio because it not only helps recruiting, but the coaches understand the Michigan rivalry.
* Meyer said he could see an extra pep in the step after the Indiana game because players were already getting excited for this game.
* Meyer said that Christian Bryant and C.J. Barnett are the ringleaders of the senior class and they haven't begun to wear out their welcome yet.
* Meyer said he has seen Taylor Decker mature as he's spent an entire season with four senior offensive linemen.
* He said that Braxton Miller has absolutely grown as a leader this year. He's become more of a vocal leader after being a leader by example previously, and it's not just on the field.
* Meyer on Carlos Hyde: “He's just about the best back in America.”
* Meyer said Michigan's defense is very well coached.
* On Michigan overall: “When they look good, they look really good.” He said they hate going against quarterbacks who can run around and extend plays.
* Meyer said that Josh Perry played very well at the mike linebacker last week and really helped out Ryan Shazier.
* Meyer said he nominated Michael Bennett for the All-Big Ten team.
* Meyer said Bradley Roby is listening to the coaches now, and not to the people on the outside, and that has been reflected in his play of late.
* Meyer said that “this time of year is really rugged” in terms of academics for the players. He said the players have to “stay on their game” with the books because of the competitive environment in the classrooms. He said these next two weeks will be all academics and all football. Meyer said they have a couple of guys who aren't where they want them to be academically speaking.
* Meyer said he's not sure how they're going to prepare for the B1G Championship Game because their focus has only been on Michigan.