* Meyer said that Braxton Miller is arguably the most improved quarterback in the country when it comes to fundamentals. He said that ESPN is doing a story on Miller's improvement for Gameday.
* He said that the week leading up to the Wisconsin game was the best week of preparation that Miller has ever had, and he said this week is right up there for him as well.
* He said that we still haven't seen the real Cameron Johnston when it comes to booming a punt. But Meyer also said that they want the opponents to fair catch the punt, they don't want 75-yard line drive punts and a long return.
* Meyer said that Devin Smith avoiding a double team in punt coverage on the final punt of the Wisconsin game was one of the greatest plays he's ever seen in a football game.
* Regarding Carlos Hyde, he said they're gonna ride that horse a little bit more this week.
* He called the receivers arguably the most improved area of the team. He cited their tremendous blocking, which leads to big runs.
* He credited Tom Herman for the production in the redzone, citing Herman's desire to run the jet (hurry-up) offense when they're inside the 20.
* Meyer said that he still needs Christian Bryant because Bryant provides energy to his team and coaches.
* Meyer said that Northwestern can play with any conference in America.
* He said that Northwestern's defense is a 4-3 that will give you yards, but they don't give up points.
* Meyer said that Venric Mark has him concerned on special teams. They have to make sure they have all of their lanes covered.
* He said from what he's seen, Northwestern's quarterbacks are a little different from each other, but not enough to really affect how you defend them.
* Meyer talked about scripting plays, and he said right now they are in “attack mode” because of how much confidence they have in their receivers and quarterback. He said it's much more fun to script this year than last year. He cited Dontre Wilson as one reason why.
* He said the OSU pass defense hasn't been great these last two years. He said the run defense has been great at times. He said pass defense is a combination of pass rush and not leaving corners on an island for too long. He said last week they stopped the run at the expense of putting Bradley Roby on an island, and it worked and it was the right decision.
* Meyer said he's not happy with the pass rush right now, but also that he probably expects too much because he can't get enough of it.
* Meyer said that Braxton Miller is “kind of a prime-time guy. He was ready to go...” against Wisconsin.
* He said that Wisconsin is a very good team who should have come into the Ohio State game undefeated. He's not worried about margin of victory against the Badgers. He said that maybe he's just getting more conservative as he gets older.
* Meyer said that Jim Tressel's decade at Ohio State was one of the great decades in college football history. He said “Jim Tressel Football” is a tremendous brand of football.
* He said Josh Perry has some great momentum right now, which makes two weeks in a row. He said he's practiced very well the last two weeks, and now they just need to keep it going for him.
* Meyer said that Ryan Shazier wants to become a leader “so bad”, and he's seeing growth in Shazier.
* He said they piped in crowd noise for 20 minutes yesterday during practice and will do it another 15 minutes again today to prepare for the crowd noise. He said the good thing is that they use so many hand signals, including audibles.
*He said Taylor Decker is a good player right now, but he's expecting him to eventually be a great player.
* Meyer said defensive tackle Tommy Schutt will be back next week.
* Meyer called Noah Spence “Vrabel's kind of player.”
* He said he's a little disappointed in the return game right now. He said the good returns the Buckeyes have had were more individual successes than the team blocking properly.