* Meyer was asked what he saw on film after the game. He said that he felt like they wasted a few opportunities in the game. The worst part of the entire day was the offense putting the defense in bad positions a couple of times.
* He said that the defensive front is going to get "better and better and better." He said Michael Bennett is their best practice player right now.
* He said that Joey Bosa was probably the best of all of the freshmen, and Dontre Wilson was good as well. He said that Ezekiel Elliott was okay, but had some nerves to him. He said Cam Burrows and Vonn Bell did well on special teams. He also called Trey Johnson a natural football player.
* Meyer said that Kenny Guiton has a nice future ahead of him, whatever it is. He said that Guiton doesn't have the greatest arm, but his demeanor and poise is exactly what you're looking for.
* He said that he liked what he got out of Braxton Miller, but did say that Khalil Mack getting to Miller early may have spooked him. He is expecting a much better outing this week for Miller.
* Meyer said again that the first three series were all scripted, but also cited the two 10-play drives in the second half as successful football. The lulls between, however, were disappointing.
* Meyer said that he has his own script of things that he wants to see on offense, but he gives Tom Herman a lot of flexibility to do what he wants.
* He said the offensive line didn't play poorly, but they had some poor plays. He expects more out of them.
* Meyer said that he was really proud of Jordan Hall. He didn't realize that Saturday was Hall's best rushing output of his career.
* He said that the kickoff team did very well. Four out of five kicks were inside the 20-yard line. He said the punt team was "just okay". The protection was fine, but he wants bigger kicks from Cameron Johnston.
* He said that the two-point play is always going to be there now.
* Meyer said that they want to get Jeff Heuerman and Philly Brown more touches. He said they should finish with several catches this week. He did say that Heuerman didn't play very well last week.
* A caller asked Meyer about the depth in the secondary and asked if Eli Apple will play. Meyer said that Apple is a little behind Gareon Conley right now. He said that he didn't have a great training camp, but he's getting closer and closer. He needs to be on special teams before he's on the field, and right now he's not on special teams.
* A caller asked why Ohio State doesn't sack the quarterback more. Meyer said he wants more sacks as well. He said there is a risk/reward factor, however. Last week they had two new cornerbacks and a new safety. He also cited that Buffalo got the ball out quickly, which negates sacks. He said he expects more opportunities this week against San Diego State.
* Meyer was asked if we will see the jump pass this year and he said yes.
* Meyer said that Ryan Shazier still isn't where he was at the end of the season last year.
* He said cramps are still a worry, and he added that he worries about everything. He said they have hopefully addressed it this week.
* A caller asks if Ohio State is going to wear an alternate uniform, and Meyer confirmed they will be wearing a different uniform against Michigan.
* He said that Carlos Hyde will be right back in the mix when he returns, but will still have to earn his starting job back.
* He said they've talked about playing Kenny Guiton and Braxton Miller on the field together, but they don't like the fact that it would take a playmaker off of the field.
* Meyer said that freshman tight end Marcus Baugh is not ready to play yet. He said they weren't happy with how few freshmen they got into the game last week.
* Meyer said that Cardale Jones is the #3 quarterback right now.
* Regarding SDSU, he said that they were a very good team last year, comparable to a Big Ten team. They do have a new offensive coordinator this year, however. He calls running back Adam Muema one of the top tailbacks in America. He's not exactly sure what they'll do on offense, but he knows head coach Rocky Long likes to run the ball. On defense, the Aztecs will blitz and "be all over the place". They will play a lot of man coverage. He expects SDSU to play like a top 25 team this week.
* He said that Eastern Illinois snapped the ball at the speed of sound against San Diego State last week.
* Meyer was asked about the defense being more aggressive once Roby and Barnett return. Meyer said he thinks we'll see more press coverage with Roby back. But there's still game management and situations that dictate what they play. They didn't want to do it last week with two first-time starters, but they expect it more this week.
* He said Tuesday was an average practice, but Wednesday was much better. He's hoping for a perfect Thursday.
* Meyer said that he liked Miller's performance in the pocket in the first half of the game. They wanted him to stand in the pocket in the first half rather than take off.
* He was asked if he's concerned about style points and dropping in the polls. He said that he didn't know that they dropped in the AP poll. He said the polls have no bearing on what they do, they just have to take care of themselves.
* Meyer said that Corey "Pittsburgh" Brown played well for his first start. He said in Barnett's absence, it was big to have a veteran like Brown step in.
* Meyer said that he is always honest with players on why they aren't playing, because if he isn't, then it creates confusion. He said that's the only way he knows how to do it.
* He said that freshmen need to be patient. He cited Jalin Marshall, who missed some time during camp, but will be very good eventually. He advised freshmen to go to class, get better, get stronger. He said that people can get into young players' ears about not playing, but he pointed to Joey Galloway and Eddie George who had to wait years their turns.
* Meyer said that Kerry Coombs has been great for the special teams, and joked that he beats the kick coverage down the field, which isn't good because Coombs is slow.